My New banjo ukulele

okie dokie

Reaction score
Arrived yesterday. After getting interested in the ukulele I sold my Richelieu Ne Plus Ultra plectrum banjo to Elderley. It was sitting in the case for quite a number of years. This gave me the opportunity
to start my uas.

So far I acquired a concert Ohana from MusicguyMike
A no name tenor from ebay
A Koa Pili Koko tenor from ebay
And my pride and joy Kamaka tenor from another member here on the marketplace

Still interested in the banjo sound I researched and found that most of the banjolele's
come out of the same factory in China under different names like Morgan Monroe and
the Hohner countryman. The one I have came with a hard case it's built good and sounds good.
This one by far was the least expensive.

IMG_0098a.jpgIMG_0094a.jpgIMG_0095a.jpgIMG_0096a.jpg

Last edited:
hey okie dokie

nice lookin' banjo uke...what kind of stuff you gonna play on that one?...looks like your UAS is in full swing! 5 ukes already...that's the first time I've heard anyone mention they've come to the ukulele with the intention to suffer from UAS:drool:...they're just so adorable, cuddly and irresistible though! If you're still interested in banjo ukes...go here: www.thebeansprout.com they make some lovely banjo-ukes in the States. I bought one of them and they sound top class. Have fun with the fast growing herd!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Getting the urge to get another myself. Which brand and how's the string action?

Congrats - enjoy all your cool new instruments.

Aloha Okie Dokie,
Congrats on your new babies....I guess selling the plectrum helped finance some of the new herd eh....in with the new and out with the old...I like like the plectrums way more than the 5 stringers..for sure!!
Have Fun with the your new stock and enjoy!!!thanks for sharing!!!!! "Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan...

Getting the urge to get another myself. Which brand and how's the string action?

Hi harpdog... I bought from this seller on ebay. I paid $200 including shipping. Not bad for a nice sounding banjo uke with a hard case. The action I would say is medium height. I set the bridge at 7.75 inch which was the measurement from nut to 12th. fret. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ukulele-banjo-4-string-REMO-head-Rally-logo-DUB-1F-/360308427703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e40e4bb7

hey okie dokie

nice lookin' banjo uke...what kind of stuff you gonna play on that one?...looks like your UAS is in full swing! 5 ukes already...that's the first time I've heard anyone mention they've come to the ukulele with the intention to suffer from UAS:drool:...they're just so adorable, cuddly and irresistible though! If you're still interested in banjo ukes...go here: www.thebeansprout.com they make some lovely banjo-ukes in the States. I bought one of them and they sound top class. Have fun with the fast growing herd!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Hi eugene ukulele
I'm going to see if I can adapt some of the old plectrum numbers to the banjo uke. Eddie Peabody was my favorite but here is
Scotty Plummer playing The world is waiting for the sunrise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrcWCuNFc2w

Top Bottom