(Another) WTB: Kala KA-ST or Lanikai S-T

jjb

Reaction score
Apologies for yet another one of these threads but just want to make sure I'm getting a good ukulele.

Background: I play guitar but could only bring my electric up to uni, so thought I'd buy a ukulele for fun and just want to learn it as well.

Full solid mahogonies are a little too expensive for me, and I'm guessing like guitars a full laminate won't sound that great. So I've decided to either get Kala KA-ST or the Lanikai S-T. They seem very similar to me, but obviously I'm no expert, so just wanted any opinions on either of them.

I'll be buying them from MGM even though I live in the UK because after desperately searching through online UK stores it more or less comes to the same price (even if I do get hit with import taxes etc. Plus it comes with Aquila strings, case, setup, trusted salesman, so a better deal). But if anyone knows where I can get them in the UK then I'm all ears.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

I don't think you can go far wrong with either, I have several Kala, Makala, and Lanikai ukes and they are all pretty good. And if you get one from MGM it will be great. You may also want to look in to the Makai MT-70 spruce top tenor, they are made in the same factory as Ohana's and the one I got from MGM is the best $129 I ever spent.

From what I've heard they are made at the same factory so probably pretty equal. I have the KA-STE-C same uke except with pickup and cutaway. Also bought from MGM. I love it!

Top Bottom