Uke Leash has new accessory for full strap

Lori

Uke Crazy
UU VIP
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your input on the Uke Leash Ukulele Strap. Because of your feedback, I have added an accessory that allows you to use the Uke Leash with ukuleles that have a strap button installed. So now, if you have some ukes without buttons, and others with buttons, you can use the Uke Leash for all of them.
http://ukeleash.com/Tips_and_Tricks.html

Dark Green has been added to the Polypro color choices just in time for the holidays. I know some of you have requested Red, and I am still looking for a good source for that. Right now I can get a really fluorescent red color, but I already have the bright orange, so I am hoping for a more pleasing red. However, the Maroon and Dark Green combined looks very Christmasy.

–Lori

That is so great! You are doing such an awesome job with these leashes!

I love that idea!! I have thought about a full strap, I have thought about knitting myself one, but alas I am scared to death to put a screw into my uke... Love my leash so far and it has made some of my chord changing smoother and easier.. em sounds clean now and if I could just get that Bb.... I am thinking of getting a few more headstock straps for my other ukes (maybe I would play them then)

Thanks for a great product Lori!!

Your tips show a flame sealing the webbing. A hot soldering iron is an alternative that does not use a flame.

Hey Lori,

The Ukulele Leash, both Half-strap and Full-strap, has got to be one of the most useful inventions
for uke players.

Thank you for thinking about us and taking the opportunity to provide us with such a great tool.

The Full-strap adapter is a wonderful idea! Very nicely done!

Much success to you and,

Keep uke'in',

Last edited:
Your tips show a flame sealing the webbing. A hot soldering iron is an alternative that does not use a flame.

That is a good option I should mention. I was thinking of updating that video... maybe I will have time to reshoot today. I do use a soldering iron for making/ sealing the rivet holes, and I could add a demo showing it's use for melting the edge.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I might add another video showing a different configuration for the loop -- it becomes more of a slip knot. The advantage is that the buckle lays flatter and the size adjusts freely. The disadvantage is that it might tighten up on you after long periods of playing. I think some of the experienced Uke Leash users might want to try it, but I thought it would be too involved for those who haven't used it yet. I didn't want to overwhelm the customer with too many instructions.
–Lori

Aloha Lori,
Thanks for putting out and awesome product for us ukers....continued sucess in your bussines endeavors....MM Stan...

Which size would you recomend if I want to use the leash and the strap button adapter? I've been tinkering with making my own but the price is right to save me the hassle. By the way I'm 5'11" if that helps.

Thanks

Mike K

Which size would you recomend if I want to use the leash and the strap button adapter? I've been tinkering with making my own but the price is right to save me the hassle. By the way I'm 5'11" if that helps.Thanks

Mike K

Hi heymak

Yes, I know about some DIY projects, and they can be a lot of work finding just the right parts. Sometimes making those first prototypes can get costly if you have to buy tools in addition to materials. My first trip to the store cost me $60 before I could make my first prototypes. There is also a level of finish that is difficult to do with hand cut items, and I had a professional die made to punch out the leather adapter piece.

I think a medium sized Uke Leash should do the job, depending on your upper body dimensions. If you are an XXL or bigger in shirt size, you might need a large. The medium is 45 inches long, and the large is 51 inches long. The headstock strap adds another 4-5 inches. You only need a small loop to go through the adapter so that takes up maybe 4 inches of the length. If you need a longer strap, I can easily make a custom length... just let me know.

The Uke Leash has an advantage over standard full straps. If you don't have a lot of room in your ukulele case, the quick release buckles makes it easy to completely remove the strap, leaving the leather adapter on the uke for easy re-attachment.

–Lori

Top Bottom