Product: Uke Leash. Any experience with it?

tooney

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just heard about the Uke Leash http://www.ukeleash.com/

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Good product? Does it help, or hinder? Would the nylon possibly scratch the headboard a little? (Would I be better off with leather if I were to get one?) This looks intriguing but thought I'd ask before plunging in with my cash.

Thanks, everyone. Glad you're all here! :D

Aloha Tooney,
PM Lori here, she is a member here.......she may have a posting in uke talk section....check it out!! MM Stan..

I think most everyone likes it. Just remember that it is not a hands free holding method. Its designed to support the head of the uke to make playing easier. It really helps on bar chords.

If you're worried about scratches you can get the leather or the $3.00 nylon sleeve for the poly strap.

Lori is on here and there is another thread going that I just read a minute ago. I have had my new uke leash for about 3 weeks, it has helped my chord changing and helps keep the neck stable while changing chords.. I highly recommend it.

If you do a search you will find lots of threads about it..

I think most everyone likes it. Just remember that it is not a hands free holding method. Its designed to support the head of the uke to make playing easier. It really helps on bar chords.

If you're worried about scratches you can get the leather or the $3.00 nylon sleeve for the poly strap.

Thank you Ronnie Aloha (and everyone else). Glad to hear the good feedback. I was leaning toward leather.

Lori is on here and there is another thread going that I just read a minute ago. I have had my new uke leash for about 3 weeks, it has helped my chord changing and helps keep the neck stable while changing chords.. I highly recommend it.

If you do a search you will find lots of threads about it..

Thanks, fitncrafty (love your name). Exactly why I was considering it - the uke moves around a lot and I had noticed when I was able to really stablize it, how much better I was able to change chords.

I'll do that search.

Aloha Tooney,
PM Lori here, she is a member here.......she may have a posting in uke talk section....check it out!! MM Stan..

Thank you again! I will check that out.

It's nice to know you're checking out all the threads. :)

Would the nylon possibly scratch the headboard a little? (Would I be better off with leather if I were to get one?)
Hi Tooney
If you are concerned about the headstock strap on the Polypro strap, I offer an UltraSuede sleeve that provides a very smooth soft surface between the strap and your ukulele. UltraSuede is a lightweight synthetic material with a suede-like finish, and a non-woven construction. The leather straps are a good option too. Another option is, since you can get the headstock straps separately, and they are all compatible with each other, you can mix a leather headstock strap with a polypro main strap.

–Lori

I bought a Uke Leash a few weeks ago. I think it's a great design. I don't normally use a strap of any kind on my ukes, but I thought for $15 I could give it a try. It's a really well-thought out product. I like the idea of being able to have multiple headstock straps for different ukes. I see that Lori's added Dark Green. Dang! I wish she'd had that when I ordered mine! Well, that gives me an excuse to get another. I also really like the leather, but wanted to try it out before I spent that much.
I haven't used it a lot, but I can't imagine that the headstock strap would scratch much. But, as has been mentioned, a leather leash (or at least a leather headstock strap) or the optional ultra-suede sleeve would help eliminate that.

Thanks, fitncrafty (love your name). Exactly why I was considering it - the uke moves around a lot and I had noticed when I was able to really stablize it, how much better I was able to change chords.

I'll do that search.

Thanks.. glad that I could help! I have to say, I picked up the uke for just a minute, (that's all I had) and still ended up putting the strap on, because it helps to much...

Top Bottom