where do i get a kamaka in Australia??

Does this girlfriend of yours have a sister? Hahaha

Best place to go is to check out their site.

Also, I've been hearing a lot of good things about some dude on ebay called "musicguymic" or something. Check him out too.

Does this girlfriend of yours have a sister? Hahaha

Best place to go is to check out their site.

Also, I've been hearing a lot of good things about some dude on ebay called "musicguymic" or something. Check him out too.

ya musicguymic is awesome. i had a problem with my pickup with the uke that i ordered from him about 2-3 months after i ordered the uke. he gladly told me that he would fix it, all i had to do was ship it to him (even though he was only in kaneohe but too far a drive for me) and he even paid for the shipping costs back to me. took about 2 weeks but he fixed my pickup. and he replied to every single one of my emails.

Hey!
I'm Also in Australia.
It is basically impossible to get a kamaka here..
But yes, Contact Mike at music store on ebay and see his ukulele available.
He helped me with a purchase not too long ago.
Where abouts are you located in Aus

oh nice.

i went into so many music shops today on the gold coast (my home away from home during university) lennox head is my original location which is north coast of nsw.

every one i ask in the music shop "can u get kamaka ukulele's" ...... response, "what are they" pft apparently there is a massive demand for ukulele's on the gold coast but the only ones i see are mahalo so you play 2 strums and they would be out of tune again. good luck to them. i just got a pick up installed on my little greg bennet sounds so so pure now. cant WAIT to try a kamaka out.

jake shimabukuro is playing in brisbane soon... i ask people do you know him??? and they all say nope. he will boom out here when he plays at blues fest....

oh nice.

i went into so many music shops today on the gold coast (my home away from home during university) lennox head is my original location which is north coast of nsw.

every one i ask in the music shop "can u get kamaka ukulele's" ...... response, "what are they" pft apparently there is a massive demand for ukulele's on the gold coast but the only ones i see are mahalo so you play 2 strums and they would be out of tune again. good luck to them. i just got a pick up installed on my little greg bennet sounds so so pure now. cant WAIT to try a kamaka out.

jake shimabukuro is playing in brisbane soon... i ask people do you know him??? and they all say nope. he will boom out here when he plays at blues fest....

ZOMG!!! are you serious? yeah as well as melbourne people, they d0ont have a clue what it is..
How did u know that jake is coming to Brisbane? Do you know if he is coming down to Melbourne?

on his myspace page it shows all his gigs.

he is playing in victoria.... "port fairy folk festival"????? never heard of it but yeh

ill be watching him at the powerhouse museum in brisbane where every one sits around him and he plays i got front row haha i bought them like 3 months ago i got so excited. im taking my uke to get signed too. maybe get a poster signed too.

do you have any of his cd's???? well worth buying "gently weeps" cd is so so so amazing,

speak soon, here is his link to his myspace page too

http://www.myspace.com/officialjakeshimabukuro

unfortnautly i dont have any of his albums, but will be getting them very very soon!! im so excited about him coming, im checking out the site now..
thank you for telling me that his coming to Australia, otherwise i would have missed it!!

Hey!
I'm Also in Australia.
It is basically impossible to get a kamaka here..
But yes, Contact Mike at music store on ebay and see his ukulele available.
He helped me with a purchase not too long ago.
Where abouts are you located in Aus

Check out musicguymic on ebay. I am pretty sure they ship internationally. His prices are very competitive. He is a good guy...does a lot of business. Call him and ask! Tell him n8isinca sent you....

Also check ukes.com (bounty musci) or hawaiimusicsupply.com

I would say buy the tenor 4-string ukulele on kamakahawaii.com only because it looks cool and thats the uke i want to buy eventually. Does the uke have that shine on it like Aldrines? Its pretty expensive, about $1000 but it doesn't look as good as Aldrines..

Check out musicguymic on ebay. I am pretty sure they ship internationally. His prices are very competitive. He is a good guy...does a lot of business. Call him and ask! Tell him n8isinca sent you....

Also check ukes.com (bounty musci) or hawaiimusicsupply.com

yep!! ive already done that, bought some things off mike the other week. great person!! highly recommend it!

I would say buy the tenor 4-string ukulele on kamakahawaii.com only because it looks cool and thats the uke i want to buy eventually. Does the uke have that shine on it like Aldrines? Its pretty expensive, about $1000 but it doesn't look as good as Aldrines..

from what i read in this forum, Mika (aldrine's uke) is customized to float his boat. Not sure what you mean by "shine" but maybe someone else can help??

Jake at the Powerhouse!

ill be watching him at the powerhouse museum in brisbane where every one sits around him and he plays i got front row haha i bought them like 3 months ago i got so excited. im taking my uke to get signed too.

I got front row as well! Well 3rd row back, center. The guy on the phone said if I bought front row, the seats are low and reclined back, so you end up looking up the artists nose all night.

Maybe he was trying to keep the seats spare for you! ;)

Anyway - at least there'll be someone else there trying to get their Uke signed, so I won't feel like a weirdo!! Wonder if he'll sign a Mahalo?

I got front row as well! Well 3rd row back, center. The guy on the phone said if I bought front row, the seats are low and reclined back, so you end up looking up the artists nose all night.

Maybe he was trying to keep the seats spare for you! ;)

Anyway - at least there'll be someone else there trying to get their Uke signed, so I won't feel like a weirdo!! Wonder if he'll sign a Mahalo?

Im going to see him in Melbourne. HOW FUNNY, I HAVE A MAHALO ASWELL! HAHAHA

im pretty sure that he will sign it. Also, make sure you mention ukulele underground!!!:)

Top Bottom