PDA

View Full Version : where do i get a kamaka in Australia??

alexglasso87
01-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Hey every one,

is purchasing a kamaka in aus pretty much impossible???

its my 21st soon and my girlfriend is buying me a kamaka :)

so excited only i need to find one...

HELP

thanx

Misguided Musician
01-23-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm not really sure of where u can buy one in aud,but you can order Kamakas from their company site.
www.kamakahawaii.com

alexglasso87
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
cheers mate

rayan
01-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Wow. Thats a great girlfriend!

Aldrine Guerrero
01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Does this girlfriend of yours have a sister? Hahaha

Best place to go is to check out their site.

Also, I've been hearing a lot of good things about some dude on ebay called "musicguymic" or something. Check him out too.

tripl3thr33
01-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Does this girlfriend of yours have a sister? Hahaha

Best place to go is to check out their site.

Also, I've been hearing a lot of good things about some dude on ebay called "musicguymic" or something. Check him out too.

ya musicguymic is awesome. i had a problem with my pickup with the uke that i ordered from him about 2-3 months after i ordered the uke. he gladly told me that he would fix it, all i had to do was ship it to him (even though he was only in kaneohe but too far a drive for me) and he even paid for the shipping costs back to me. took about 2 weeks but he fixed my pickup. and he replied to every single one of my emails.

alexglasso87
01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
haha yeh she does have a sister.

ill look at those sites thanx heeps guys apreciate it.

grappler
01-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey!
I'm Also in Australia.
It is basically impossible to get a kamaka here..
But yes, Contact Mike at music store on ebay and see his ukulele available.
He helped me with a purchase not too long ago.
Where abouts are you located in Aus

alexglasso87
01-24-2008, 09:09 PM
oh nice.

i went into so many music shops today on the gold coast (my home away from home during university) lennox head is my original location which is north coast of nsw.

every one i ask in the music shop "can u get kamaka ukulele's" ...... response, "what are they" pft apparently there is a massive demand for ukulele's on the gold coast but the only ones i see are mahalo so you play 2 strums and they would be out of tune again. good luck to them. i just got a pick up installed on my little greg bennet sounds so so pure now. cant WAIT to try a kamaka out.

jake shimabukuro is playing in brisbane soon... i ask people do you know him??? and they all say nope. he will boom out here when he plays at blues fest....

grappler
01-24-2008, 11:48 PM
oh nice.

i went into so many music shops today on the gold coast (my home away from home during university) lennox head is my original location which is north coast of nsw.

every one i ask in the music shop "can u get kamaka ukulele's" ...... response, "what are they" pft apparently there is a massive demand for ukulele's on the gold coast but the only ones i see are mahalo so you play 2 strums and they would be out of tune again. good luck to them. i just got a pick up installed on my little greg bennet sounds so so pure now. cant WAIT to try a kamaka out.

jake shimabukuro is playing in brisbane soon... i ask people do you know him??? and they all say nope. he will boom out here when he plays at blues fest....

ZOMG!!! are you serious? yeah as well as melbourne people, they d0ont have a clue what it is..
How did u know that jake is coming to Brisbane? Do you know if he is coming down to Melbourne?

alexglasso87
01-25-2008, 03:00 AM
on his myspace page it shows all his gigs.

he is playing in victoria.... "port fairy folk festival"????? never heard of it but yeh

ill be watching him at the powerhouse museum in brisbane where every one sits around him and he plays i got front row haha i bought them like 3 months ago i got so excited. im taking my uke to get signed too. maybe get a poster signed too.

do you have any of his cd's???? well worth buying "gently weeps" cd is so so so amazing,

speak soon, here is his link to his myspace page too

http://www.myspace.com/officialjakeshimabukuro

grappler
01-25-2008, 07:27 AM
unfortnautly i dont have any of his albums, but will be getting them very very soon!! im so excited about him coming, im checking out the site now..
thank you for telling me that his coming to Australia, otherwise i would have missed it!!

UKESTAR
01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Hey!
I'm Also in Australia.
It is basically impossible to get a kamaka here..
But yes, Contact Mike at music store on ebay and see his ukulele available.
He helped me with a purchase not too long ago.
Where abouts are you located in Aus

Check out musicguymic on ebay. I am pretty sure they ship internationally. His prices are very competitive. He is a good guy...does a lot of business. Call him and ask! Tell him n8isinca sent you....

Also check ukes.com (bounty musci) or hawaiimusicsupply.com

alexglasso87
01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
thanx guys for your help i am getting replies form people with kamaka ukes so looks like ill be getting one soon.

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-27-2008, 05:02 AM
I would say buy the tenor 4-string ukulele on kamakahawaii.com only because it looks cool and thats the uke i want to buy eventually. Does the uke have that shine on it like Aldrines? Its pretty expensive, about $1000 but it doesn't look as good as Aldrines..

grappler
01-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Check out musicguymic on ebay. I am pretty sure they ship internationally. His prices are very competitive. He is a good guy...does a lot of business. Call him and ask! Tell him n8isinca sent you....

Also check ukes.com (bounty musci) or hawaiimusicsupply.com

yep!! ive already done that, bought some things off mike the other week. great person!! highly recommend it!

grappler
01-29-2008, 01:22 AM
I would say buy the tenor 4-string ukulele on kamakahawaii.com only because it looks cool and thats the uke i want to buy eventually. Does the uke have that shine on it like Aldrines? Its pretty expensive, about $1000 but it doesn't look as good as Aldrines..

from what i read in this forum, Mika (aldrine's uke) is customized to float his boat. Not sure what you mean by "shine" but maybe someone else can help??

michaelphipps
02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
ill be watching him at the powerhouse museum in brisbane where every one sits around him and he plays i got front row haha i bought them like 3 months ago i got so excited. im taking my uke to get signed too.

I got front row as well! Well 3rd row back, center. The guy on the phone said if I bought front row, the seats are low and reclined back, so you end up looking up the artists nose all night.

Maybe he was trying to keep the seats spare for you! ;)

Anyway - at least there'll be someone else there trying to get their Uke signed, so I won't feel like a weirdo!! Wonder if he'll sign a Mahalo?

grappler
02-14-2008, 11:51 PM
I got front row as well! Well 3rd row back, center. The guy on the phone said if I bought front row, the seats are low and reclined back, so you end up looking up the artists nose all night.

Maybe he was trying to keep the seats spare for you! ;)

Anyway - at least there'll be someone else there trying to get their Uke signed, so I won't feel like a weirdo!! Wonder if he'll sign a Mahalo?

Im going to see him in Melbourne. HOW FUNNY, I HAVE A MAHALO ASWELL! HAHAHA

im pretty sure that he will sign it. Also, make sure you mention ukulele underground!!!:)

michaelphipps
02-22-2008, 01:47 PM
I'll be wearing the Ukulele Underground T-Shirt! (If I get it in time!)

:)

grappler
02-22-2008, 11:05 PM
you going to be in melbourne to watch him or Sydney?

nikolo727
03-08-2008, 04:28 PM
ebay brah

:)

kmac
03-15-2008, 08:53 PM
You can get them at the Acoustic Centre in South Melbourne. Not that much help to you since you're in Bris. Maybe they'd send one up there. They have a website. They'll do them cheaper than the listed price. Also try Byron Music. They know ukes. Maybe they can order one in.
good luck. Let us know how you go.

grappler
03-17-2008, 02:33 AM
where abouts in south Melbourne ??

NukeDOC
03-17-2008, 07:18 AM
i moved this thread out of the marketplace.

experimentjon
03-17-2008, 05:30 PM
ya musicguymic is awesome. i had a problem with my pickup with the uke that i ordered from him about 2-3 months after i ordered the uke. he gladly told me that he would fix it, all i had to do was ship it to him (even though he was only in kaneohe but too far a drive for me) and he even paid for the shipping costs back to me. took about 2 weeks but he fixed my pickup. and he replied to every single one of my emails.

Waipio to Kaneohe isn't that far, especially if you're used to trips into town! :) Just imagine all those people on the mainland who must drive for hours to find an uke store...or the creator of this thread, who can't even find a local place to get a Kamaka. :p Then again, I'm a townie, so I rarely go out of Honolulu.

michaelphipps
03-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Im going to see him in Melbourne. HOW FUNNY, I HAVE A MAHALO ASWELL! HAHAHA

im pretty sure that he will sign it. Also, make sure you mention ukulele underground!!!:)

Hey, I mentioned Ukulele Underground when I met Jake, and he was like - "Oh you mean Aldrine's site? I hang out with those guys back at home!"

I decided not to get the uke signed, but I got a CD signed instead.

Jake is a really nice bloke!

kmac
03-19-2008, 02:19 PM
The Acoustic Centre. Look them up online. I think they're in Park St.

grappler
03-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Hey, I mentioned Ukulele Underground when I met Jake, and he was like - "Oh you mean Aldrine's site? I hang out with those guys back at home!"

I decided not to get the uke signed, but I got a CD signed instead.

Jake is a really nice bloke!

Yes i agree to that my friend. Such a nice guy!
Why didnt you get your uke signed aswell?

michaelphipps
03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Yes i agree to that my friend. Such a nice guy!
Why didnt you get your uke signed aswell?

Uhm - I didn't take it! I'm actually not kicking myself that much over it. I got James Morrison (jazz trumpet player) to sign my trumpet years ago. It ended up rubbing off.

If I had had my ukulele underground shirt I would have got him to sign that!

seth
03-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Order online :D

gabzuke
08-21-2009, 01:17 AM
idno if anyone put this already but

www.acousticcentre.com.au/ukuleles

ukulele2544
08-21-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm in the same situation as you. My dad just buys the ukulele of the internet. Mostly from MGM.