beginner ukulele e-book

Jamie Holding

Reaction score
Hi again all,

Just to let people know that, after loads of requests, I've finally released a ukulele book with the soul purpose of giving beginners easy, satisfying, renaissance music to play. All the pieces are one line, tuneful melodies taken from lute songs and famous tunes of the 16th and 17th centuries.

http://sites.google.com/site/classicalukulelearrangements/e-books-for-sale

Thanks for looking,

James

Good for you, Jamie. Just what people need. And you beat me to it. I've got 12 Easy Pieces ... book coming out next year.

Thank you Jamie. You and Ken are now my heroes for producing beginers books with good music. Jamie can your e books be bought by folks in the USA? how much is 5 GBP in US dollars do you know? I printed out the free sheets to try and see if I like them. I'm sure I will.
Ken I finally got your arrangement of Flow gently, sweet afton to the point where it sounds ok. I just need to get it from sounding like notes to sounding like music :) Also working on my own version of the old rugged cross from your how to arrange a hymn video. Your videos have been very helpful and inspiring to me. Love the pinball wizard johnny cash style btw.
Thank you both for producing quality arrangements for beginers like me.

Jamie can your e books be bought by folks in the USA? how much is 5 GBP in US dollars do you know?
Sure, I'm in the US and bought one of his ebooks before and he sent it to me in just a couple hours. The conversion rate fluctuates, but currently 5 GBP is ~$8US. He takes paypal, which will convert it to the going rate for you before you finalize your transaction so you know exactly how much you are paying.

Thank you Jamie. You and Ken are now my heroes for producing beginers books with good music. Jamie can your e books be bought by folks in the USA? how much is 5 GBP in US dollars do you know? I printed out the free sheets to try and see if I like them. I'm sure I will.
Ken I finally got your arrangement of Flow gently, sweet afton to the point where it sounds ok. I just need to get it from sounding like notes to sounding like music :) Also working on my own version of the old rugged cross from your how to arrange a hymn video. Your videos have been very helpful and inspiring to me. Love the pinball wizard johnny cash style btw.
Thank you both for producing quality arrangements for beginers like me.

Thanks for that. It is greart to hear positive feedback. Sounds like you are making terrific progress.

The dollar stands at 1.59 at the moment, so the pound is strong.

I look forward to hearing some of your performances. If you put them on YT, make sure that you let me know.

Sure, I'm in the US and bought one of his ebooks before and he sent it to me in just a couple hours. The conversion rate fluctuates, but currently 5 GBP is ~$8US. He takes paypal, which will convert it to the going rate for you before you finalize your transaction so you know exactly how much you are paying.
Cool, thanks for that info.

Thanks for that. It is greart to hear positive feedback. Sounds like you are making terrific progress.

The dollar stands at 1.59 at the moment, so the pound is strong.

I look forward to hearing some of your performances. If you put them on YT, make sure that you let me know.

In the two months that I've been playing tenor uke I feel like I have made good progress thanks to the likes of you, ukulele mike, aldrine at UU etc....sharing your knowledge. As far as my performances go, they are more like attempts than performances but as long as I am seeing improvement and hearing music come out of my uke, I'm a happy camper.

Also Ken if you don't mind telling me. What program do you use to make your pfd files with the notes in the treble clef top staff and the tab underneath? Just in case I ever get advanced enough to do my own arrangements. I really like playing fingerstyle and chord note solo style. I'm hoping to get much better at it and eventually do my own arrangements.

Also Ken if you don't mind telling me. What program do you use to make your pfd files with the notes in the treble clef top staff and the tab underneath? Just in case I ever get advanced enough to do my own arrangements. I really like playing fingerstyle and chord note solo style. I'm hoping to get much better at it and eventually do my own arrangements.

The program I use to produce the music and tab is an old version of Sibelius. This produces great printouts and outputs in lots of formats, but not PDF. To get PDFs I use Cute PDF Writer which is a simple free app that comes up on you print menu.

So you are into the shading thing huh? I could suggest 3-d present objects to start then add color and shadow...that probely fits u...if u mean the same exact black-and-white then i would convince u to keep drawing novel heroes...hope this helped if u have any questions contact me

What are you talking about?

Just a spammer, Ken.

Banned.

Top Bottom