"When I'm Sixty-Four"... a "Sort of" Multi-tracked video...

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
Lately I've been messing around with GarageBand (the included multi-track recording program) on my Mac. I've been able to do a few things with a backing uke track, then vocals and then (sometimes) a lead. It's been pretty fun, although somewhat sloppy still.
Today I recorded a backing track for "When I'm Sixty-Four" by The Beatles, and then made a video of myself playing a lead melody thing over the backing track.
I learned this song pretty soon after I picked up the ukulele, but hadn't played it much in a long time. I just started picking out the melody last week. Let me know what you think!

Aloha Chris,
I think you nailed it...nice job man....I even picked my uke and played along...and I don't do that often...
I see you getting real good with your new/old martin eh.....glad to see you're enjoying it...Thanks for sharing...MM Stan..

Aloha Chris,
I think you nailed it...nice job man....I even picked my uke and played along...and I don't do that often...
I see you getting real good with your new/old martin eh.....glad to see you're enjoying it...Thanks for sharing...MM Stan..

Thank you, Stan. The Style 1 still doesn't have the voice that my Style 2 has, but I'm really enjoying it. It is such a beautiful thing. My Style 2 is kind of beat up, which is beautiful in it's own way. Both are a joy to play!

That was good, i like that song, and you done a splendid job

Top Bottom