Did you see a wolf?

tom crow

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Please check out the uke song wrote + recorded with my band! I know it's not perfect but I think there are some cool bits that you might find interesting.

It's...unusual! And cheers to Aldrine for teaching me the little-finger mute ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrvy5lbblG8

Cheers,

Tom

Aloha Tom,
Sounded real nice, I also liked the bass.....I think he had a classic Rickenbacker...sounded soo cool!!! MM Stan..

That's a rarely-seen Rickenbacker model! I loved the sound. Of the bass and of the whole band. Nice ukulele playing, and it's cool to have a song with no guitar. Is all your stuff without guitar? The bass/cello/uke combination is very nice!

Thanks guys!

MM Stan -- yes, it's a classic Ricky, weighs a ton, apparently not the easiest thing to run around with all day when we were shooting the video!

Chris -- yes, I think the bass/cello/uke interaction works really well. It's a really distinctive sound. Because the uke chords are so compact (harmonically and temporally) it gives a strong rhythm while leaving a lot of room for the richness of the cello's middle register to come through clearly, which a guitar wouldn't. We have guitar in a number of songs and it can be tricky to balance the two (sometimes I'll substitute uke for trumpet in this case), but I've found that one thing that works really well is to match up a mellow, washing-over fingerpick on guitar with a rhythmic, sparkly fingerpick on uke.

Top Bottom