a few new builds

thirdkingofpleasureville

Reaction score
Hey all! been a while since i been around. i've been obsessing over motorcycles for a bit. any way, thought you might like to see three new builds. two are 14.25" scale ukes, the other is 18" scale, kinda a tenor guitar but 2 steps up...

Attachments

• DSCN0265.jpg
    DSCN0265.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN0266.jpg
    DSCN0266.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 69
Aloha TKOP,
Those are some intresting designs, very creative and innovative..how about one with a car's chrome air cleaner??? Your bikes one be too small..
BTW-Rigid or soft tail??? he he....bobbler or hogs.....? MM Stan..

Thanks, mm! I think they are some of the best sounding ones I have made yet. Then again, the newest one is most often my favorite!
Like the way your thinking with the carb... and a small hardtail bobber is what I am going for. Check em out, it's the ukulele of the motorcycle world!!http://www.oldschoolhardknock.com/

the bridge on the long scale is ebony on red oak. I've recently got my hand on a bandsaw so i can safely cut small pieces without creating alot of waste, the way I was doing when trying to hold small pieces under the miter saw. I was going to lose something that way.
I was using that nut blank stuff but ebony is just so good lookin' and nice and requires no finishing as far as i am concerned. and i use mostly cheaper woods, so its nice to have at least a little piece of something special in there.

I know these aren't what most builders would be interested in, but I'm an artist, not a luthier, and they are fun, and sound good too!

shameless website plug-
www.thirdkingstudios.com

Top Bottom