Davidson Soprano Ukulele for sale

Mandoboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Davidson Soprano Uke for sale here in the UK, It is as new having never been played.

Phil is a good friend of mine and is happy for me to sell this on.

• Front, back, sides & neck - African mahogany
  • Fingerboard headstock & bridge - African ebony
  • Ivory colour celluloid binding
  • Grover pegs, bone nut & saddle.

£650 and comes with a hard case.

Thanks.

Jason.

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 47
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 39
  • neck.jpg
    neck.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 37
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 58
Advice

Hi all, Ok so this is the price that the luthier told me this uke is worth second hand, as I am a guitar player rather than a uke player do you think this is a reasonable price for a Davidson?

The first thing you need to do is read the sticky in this forum "How to Sell Ukuleles in the Marketplace: READ BEFORE POSTING" as no one will look at your sale seriously on here until you conform to the accepted rules.

I have just googled this uke and its maker and I can find his website and some other links. I cannot find any reviews of other Davidson ukes so have nothing really to go on regarding what sort of sound it might make, potential issues, good and bad points etc. Most other ukes have easily available reviews, I know it's not your fault for this uke! Unless a potential buyer knows someone who has played one then they can get no help on what to expect from this instrument.

I would also include a photo of the label as there is nothing else to positively identify this as a Davidson. Do you have any other documentation e.g. receipt, invoice? For example when was it made? Is it a standard model? Does it have any custom features?

Also why are you selling it? I would want to know how come you have never played it, is there something wrong with it?

Does the price include shipping?

Also one of those links said you could get a new Davidson uke for £750. In my opinion £650 is too high for a secondhand one based on the retail price but obviously you are entitled to set your own price. If you are willing to consider offers then add that to your description. IMHO the person who made it is not necessarily detached enough to make an objective appraisal.

Hope this helps and good luck with your sale.

Thanks for putting me right on a few things.

I am unlikely to post anything on this site as I don't play the uke so my apologies for not conforming to that rule.

It is a couple of years old and hasn't been played as it was given to me by the luthier as a part payment for designing his website (he is an old friend). all documentation can be got from him. I am selling it because I have no time to learn it and we need the money.

I could be open to offers in the region of. Davidson ukes do have a good reputation and sell well mostly to china I think, I will look for some reviews and take pictures as you suggested.

Many thanks for your advice as an avid acoustic guitar forum lover I totally respect your rules and should have read the sticky first.

Top Bottom