The London UkeyLove Festival 2011

UkeyLove

Reaction score
Hello lovely ukers,

WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON!
What a great festival in 2009: The people, the music and off course the record break. Outstanding. Free festivals are a stretch at the best of times so we have thought about what type of festival it truly is and what it means to us.

We want a great value for money and affordable weekend festival and this email is to see how many people would be up for a longer festival in a beautiful location. Who knows in a few years we may be able to do a free one again. But for now...

The Directors of London Uke Festival present

THE LONDON UKEYLOVE FESTIVAL
(aka London Uke Festival)

We think camping allows us all to enjoy the community spirit, play our Ukes together for longer, an ease of accommodation and that mini holiday feeling. Day tickets will be available but we hope that people will want to experience the whole event.

THE PRICE?
Our UkeyLove Fest will emphasise time to play together, form instant bands and be inspired by workshops, mass jams, main stage performances and more record breaking fun.

If we were able to provide this weekend for around £40, reductions for students, groups, families etc... would you buy a ticket or two?

Please let us know by simply responding 'yes', 'no' or 'more...' to this email.

Please forward this on to your friends and people who would enjoy this festival so they can tell us how they feel about The London UkeyLove Fest as well.

THE DETAILS

SETTLE IN FRIDAY
From Friday afternoon people can arrive by tube or car, pitch up, soak up the ukey atmosphere, sound check the main stage to get us into performance vibe and have fun.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY: THE SHOW
On both Saturday and Sunday the party is in full flow. The activity areas around the site will be open in the morning, great for kids or excited adults.

Midday the Arena opens with open mics and workshops.

4pm till Midnight Main stage abounds with a great variety of acts from all over to entertain and inspire you.

Midnight to 2am the arena is in chill out mode with acoustic only performances, Chi tents and other etcetera.

After 2am the arena closes and so we want to have sweet and far areas for light acoustic stuff. ;)

Sound good?

THE RECORD BREAK!!
Of course we'll go for breaking our own world record. Too much fun not to ;)

THE CAMPSITE
To allow people to sleep we will ask people to keep the noise down inside the campsite. They'll be places to strum so it’s only fair that those who want to sleep can do so. We will also have some limited space dorm camping for those who want to upgrade from day tickets and stay. Camper vans are welcome and as last time we hope to get some great catering and bars for the event and at affordable prices.

All of us hope you will always have deep fond memories of what we all did in 2009 and we hope you'll continue to enjoy being this amazing event.

The London UkeyLove Festival
aka UkeyLove Fest

Field and Forest TBC
Summer 2011

Excited?

----
RSVP: team@ukeylove.com

More Background:
http://londonukefestival.com
http://ukeylove.com
----

Hi there, Q.

I'm planning on being there; just need to know where and when. Let it flow!

Sounds great to me, I've got a tent, i got a Ukulele, i wanna be there..

Thanks guys lots and lots of encouragement from all over which is great.

+1 on support (btw - you DM'd me on this via twitter- account is bazmaz - I will look to put on my blog to give you a plug!)

btw - if you have any pics of last festival or anything else you want me to plug via the blog, let me know - 1500 visitors a week now, and happy to plug such a great idea - email me thru the blog

btw - if you have any pics of last festival or anything else you want me to plug via the blog, let me know - 1500 visitors a week now, and happy to plug such a great idea - email me thru the blog

Awesome yes please. Will email you and we can sort out what details you need.

And yes I did tweet loads of people today still got a few more to tweet but I want people to know about it because we are planning something special and don't want people to miss out.

We have all the usual network stuff

Easiest is to go to http://ukeylove.com and link on all the stuff rom there. Bazman thank you very much!

Sounds like a dream come true!!!

Just had a quick look at the stats as we are starting to get requests from bands to play

We already have 201 Bands registered for London UkeyLove Fest!!

http://is.gd/gHY3N

Sorting that out is going to be fun!!

Would you like to play?

i'm there!

Buy an around the world ticket to get to all the uke festivals.

Would definitely be up for talking to other uke festival organisers about that as they are so hard to put on might make sense for some people.

Always up for helping other festival organisers

Top Bottom