First Lesson & 2nd Uke

freedive135

Reaction score
A few weeks back I woke up, went and picked up a Johnson Soprano and the Uke Method Book by Lil' Rev. I had been thinking of playing one for a while and figured why not?
I got home and haven't put it down. I have learned a few strums/songs and have been having a blast.

Last night I went to my first group lesson,(the girlfriend sent me) to my suprise there were 12 people there. We all had a great time, I think we spent more time laughing at each other tryin to strum a little 2 chord song than we did playin.
I cant wait till next weeks class!!!
I aslo got to hear the difference between my little soprano and a tenor, and wow!!, what a difference.

So tonight I went to the store I should of gone to when I got my first one.

Yea I said first!! I picked up and strumed on a Kala tenor and took it home. No its not solid wood but I live in Denver, we have no humidity and I like to sit on my deck and play in the sunshine and don't have alot to spend.
So the guy at Denver Folklore Center (great people) told me this would be the best choice for what I wanted.

And now the uas has started I got my eye on a KoAlana solid wood Concert next. That one will stay in the house.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new uke, and have fun with it! Pictures or a video maybe? :D

Way to go on the new uke and the classes. I just discovered a music store here in Richmond that has two of there staff who teach ukelele classes. I am going this week to talk with them about lessons. Like you, I recently got a second uke - a tenor - and am anxious to make some happy uke music! Good luck on your lessons.

Top Bottom