Need help setting price on Martin Uke

jazzbo

Reaction score
This is a 1952 style 1 concert Uke . The finish has checked and it's got lots of small dings. This is not a collectable Uke, but it is a wonderful for playing and the tone is the best I've heard. It has a couple of back cracks that have been repaired and cleated. Other than that, it's all original. It will come with a new hardshell case.

I plan to put it on ebay with either a reserve or a buy it now price, but I don't know what it's worth. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jazzbo

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

Aloha Jazzbo,
Not too many Style 1 concerts out there....considering the condition and back repair, I'd pay $650-$700.00 for it....they are getting kinda rare as not as much concerts were made....Good Luck!!! MM Stan..

I agree with Stan. Possibly even a little higher.

Thanks, that's exactly what I asked for and I had hoped you would say $800. I might add that it was a 1 owner until I purchased it a couple of years ago and I wouldn't consider selling it but times are tough and it's not getting played as much as my guitars.

btw, here's a few more pics.

IMG_1900-1.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

jazzbo, is there any chance you would take a trade-in and let me buy your nice Martin uke? I have a Larrivee near mint L-03 that I would trade ya even for your uke? Or, I have a few nice soprano ukes that I could pay the difference with paypal. If you are interested, send me a message. thank you

jazzbo, is there any chance you would take a trade-in

Sorry Reckom, my herd has to be thinned and she's gotta be sold.

Just curious, are there any cracks on the back?

Chuck, take another gander at my original post and if you have any more questions, fire away.

Just curious, are there any cracks on the back?
Chuck Moore
Moore Bettah Ukuleles
http://www.moorebettahukes.com

I've never played a moore bettah uke. Chuck please tell me, can you build a concert uke that sounds as good as a vintage Martin concert, and sell it in the same price range as the subject Uke of this thread? Keep in mind, I can't wait 50 years for yours to mature.......Just curious.

The closest thing i have heard that simply sounds as good or better than a martin concert mahogany out of the box is a Collings There mahogany concerts are exceptional. I am sure Chuck could build one also.....in his big island heaven

My Kiwaya ktc-1 looks almost identical, and will probably sound as good in 50 years, lets see, I'll be 105, oh well.

I would have set the price at about $600 - but $700 isn't out of the question. Its a beauty. I agree - concerts weren't that common - not like sopranos - and the only thing keeping the value a little lower are the cracks. Without cracks - 50's concerts are retailing here in the $800-$1,200 range.

Top Bottom