Wanted: Gibson UB-2 or UB-3

Jnobianchi

Reaction score
Does anyone know of anyone selling a UB-2 or UB-2 Deluxe/ UB-3?

I know that these come up more frequently than any Gibsons other than the UB-1, but there's been a real dearth of them lately - just when I'm thinking I might want to save up for one.

Any leads are appreciated - and yes, I saw the UB-3 on ebay that's being sold as parts. I can't quite get excited about a 'bag full of broken Gibson'.

Thanks!

PS - not unhappy - not sure how that 'frownie' got in there, but can't remove it, so...

Last edited:
Aloha Jnobianchi,
Just be patient and one will come up on E-bay sooner or later....You can also post in the banjo forums....Good Luck, MM

Hi JnoBianchi,

You might try giving Elderly inst. a call. They get a hold of some neat stuff.

Cheers.

Yes, I'm on the Elderly mailing list. They're the best, as far as I'm concerned. Right now, no Gibsons, but they do have a Ludwig... :)

How much are you looking to spend for a UB-2 in good condition?

Well - sadly - or happily, rather - I heard that Ludwig play that I was writing about the other day. I bought it last night for $950, so for the foreseeable future, I am NOT looking for a UB-2 :) :) :)

Unfortunate. I have one. I wasn't planning on selling it, but I could use the money. Too late now.

As Homer might say, "D'oh!" I'm really happy with the Ludwig, and now I'm pretty well broke. :\

I shouldn't ask, but is it a UB-2 or a UB-2 Deluxe/UB-3?

Top Bottom