Buying a 9 year old an Ukulele

SinisterDom

Reaction score
So, my little cousins birthday is coming up in a month or two, and I'm hired to pick the Uke she gets. Price range is 50-100. Any suggestions? She's nine.

like deach said, a pineapple would suit her or any decent soprano aswell.

Kala Kiwis or Pineapples are cute.

yea go with one of those. I would love to hear more about the kiwis!

anyway I hear that those are some pretty good instruments and with the price that they are at it is a no brainer to me. lol

go for it.

go on ebay and pick up a flea (there one that comes up first that $89) not only can it take a beating but it'll last her well in to the future.

go on ebay and pick up a flea (there one that comes up first that $89) not only can it take a beating but it'll last her well in to the future.

I doubt that will stay at that price. It's a great deal if it does though.

yea are fleas usually in the 165 dollar price range?

ive seen some sold for 120 but idk.

If you're lucky you can get them cheap. I picked up a brand new Fluke for $120.

wow 120? i thought that flukes were even more expensive than fleas..

ive seen some fleas go for about 185 on ebay. jeeze 120 is a steal..lol.

heh, I have a kiwi, and I just got a fluke today. I'd say for a little-un, perhaps a flea rather than a fluke (they're kinda big)

and, a kiwi is nice, but they cant take as much banging around (I'm a klutz, I put a chip in the paint on the finish :( )

So, I'd say, get a flea!

If you're lucky you can get them cheap. I picked up a brand new Fluke for $120.

wow 120? i thought that flukes were even more expensive than fleas..

ive seen some fleas go for about 185 on ebay. jeeze 120 is a steal..lol.

Currently in the mail, winging its way towards me, is a Tiki Flea that I just bought for $125 (+ $13 shipping). It's even got the rosewood fretboard upgrade.

I'm lucky to have those kind of friends, y'know?

yea go with one of those. I would love to hear more about the kiwis!

anyway I hear that those are some pretty good instruments and with the price that they are at it is a no brainer to me. lol

go for it.

i actually own a kiwi, and they sound great as a musical instrument, hold up very well, and are just all around adorable.

plus, they aren't expensive, at all.
i use mine to take out with me to the lake and things and such.:D

My first uke was a Ohana ck-10s. Great beginner uke and I still enjoy playing it, $100. I am still a beginner but 3 of my 6 ukes are Ohana and I think they are great ukes. They have a good product, reasonably priced and they all stay in tune. If you get her one, she'll be happy with it for a long time.

Currently in the mail, winging its way towards me, is a Tiki Flea that I just bought for $125 (+ $13 shipping). It's even got the rosewood fretboard upgrade.

I'm lucky to have those kind of friends, y'know?

sweet deal hobbs!

Yeah. It was sent Parcel Post so, by my estimation (and the last time I sent something Parcel Post), it's due tomorrow. The 4th of July, y'know? No mail service.

Aaaaaargh!

But it is on the way.

Last edited:
Yeah. It was sent Parcel Post so, by my estimation (and the last time I sent something Parcel Post), it's due tomorrow. The 4th of July, y'know? No mail service.

Aaaaaargh!

But it is on the way.

I've got something coming to me UPS, due Thursday. Thursday's over, and it didn't come. Friday's a holiday, Saturday and Sunday are off days for UPS. I'm going to get it four days later, just because there was a rain storm in Iowa.

I'm super-bitter right now.

Top Bottom