Looking for a cheap and used pineapple ukulele!

KevinTJH

Reaction score
If you've got a pineapple shaped ukulele which is worth less than $60 or would consider it to be junk, I'd be more than happy to purchase it!
This will be for my ukulele painting project.

Thanks ;)

hi Kevin...I'd hook onto ebay...there are many cheap pineapple ukes around, and, if you're in Sydney you should be able to track one down quite easily without cost of postage added on ...

just had a look...there's a Lanikai LU-21P (In the states) for $30 plus $45 postage to Australia...the other site to have a good look at - in Australia - is melmusic...lots of factory line brands at fairly reasonable prices

good luck with the search...and post pics when you've done your artwork...we'd love to have a look!!! Cheers mate!

just had a look...there's a Lanikai LU-21P (In the states) for $30 plus $45 postage to Australia...the other site to have a good look at - in Australia - is melmusic...lots of factory line brands at fairly reasonable prices
Thanks mate for your response. A Lanikai for $30 is definitely a steal, I'm a little suspicious about it though, will send the seller an email first.

The cheapest ukes I could find in Australia are all about $69.
The main reason why I'm really looking for a used uke is because I will be sanding it off. It would be quite a painful sight to be sanding off a brand new uke!

If I really can't find anything by December then I guess I'll just get some cheap ones during my trip to China. But I definitely hope to get one before Dec though!

yeah sure mate, I know what you mean there...very tough to sand back a brand new one...and also, I noticed too that $70 was about the lowest...For what it's worth, I've had my wife hand paint a couple of sopranos for me...and all I did was buy a cheap mahalo for $19.95 and use that...a plain wooden one...you could always buy a couple of them if it's your first go at handpainting...just to find your feet and technique...get used to working with the dimensions, how to seal it properly etc etc...use 'em as "experiments" then once that's sorted you could go with a better quality uke - 2nd hand or otherwise- knowing exactly where you're at with it and how to do it right.

even still, there are probably a fair few UU members out there who may be able to help you with exactly what you're after right now, once they get a hold of this thread...

Yea I should probably wait a couple more days, and hopefully by some chance a UU member might stumble across this thread and have what I'm looking for.
The auction ends in 4 days, so if I can get it for US$30 + $45 postage , US$75 is still a lot cheaper than the Lanikai's which sell for over a $100 in Aussie.

And about getting a cheap test ukulele, I've already got 2 unwanted "8-shaped" ukes which are ready to be sanded! It wouldn't hurt at all if I stuffed up those 2 though

Top Bottom