Advice on new uke.

harry200577

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I needed some advice on what a good ukulele would be for £100 or under. I'm a new player, but I want a solid top ukulele. Thanks for all replies :D

I'm still new to the uke world, but from what I understand, you're going to have a very hard time finding a solid for that price.

Not sure about the conversion rates, but I think the Makai solid spruce tops would be in your range. I got a tenor a while back from Musicguymic and it's a great uke for the money.

You didn't mention size of uke, which factors into the cost.

Hi guys, thanks very much for all the replies, and also it will need to be a soprano:)

The Kala Travel Soprano has a solid spruce top, again, not sure how close it is to your price range, but it's a nice uke.

Bruko Model 6 - £100 and not just a solid top - all solid, and handmade in Germany. You will have to stretch another tenner for delivery from them. Contact Hubert at the website for Bruko

Some pics of mine here - http://gotaukulele.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-latest-acquistion-handmade-solid.html I did actually sell it but that was in no way a slight on the Bruko.

If you can stretch a little more, go for a Flea - not solid, but dont let that put you off - it is a brilliant brilliant uke and great for a beginner (sorry if i am assuming wrongly you are a beginner)

Aloha Harry200577,
Welcome to the UU and our forums,, Well it would help where you live and if you have acess to good music stores...it not the
internet is you good friend to purchase....For myself for a starter, Oscar schmidt or Rogues are inexpensive and sound decent
, it'll do fine until you're sure you want to continue your ukulele journey....I first bought from Musician's Friend website..it's an
online music dealer...but I suggest you go in the store and try them out for sound, size, comfort, and playability....Good Luck
and Let us know what you get.....MM Stan....
MGM is another good source of purchase....good product and service.....for sure....

Top Bottom