tips on strumming

Regster

Reaction score
how do u strum perfectly? does experience have something to do with it? I ask cuz i have a problems with my strumming and i wanna learn to strum good

Well theres the age old question: pick, or no pick? I learned guitar without a pick, I rather use my hands. That's just how I was taught (learned slack key first), but some people can't play without a pick. I say try both ways, and see what youre comfortable with. I feel that you have more control over strumming when you go pickless. As for strumming perfectly, I find I never strum the same song the same way twice. Just find a strumming pattern that is comfortable for you, and work with that. When you get really comfortable with it, start to fool around with it. You'll get it! :D

i try to feel the music and strum what feels good or comfortable as kateri said. also, u might try to listen to the song and mute the strings while u strum along with the song.:music::rock:

yeh i mostly use a pick. I still can strumm without a pick with the use of my thumb. Hmm I should do that just mess with my right hand and find the position that's comfortable for me to strum, I guess sometimes I just get too focus on my left hand that I forget to work on my right hand too, but thanks for the encouragement guys :)

Hello fellow members, perhaps this is the best place where I can clear my doubts. It has been more than three years now that I am learning the acoustic guitar but can never get the same resonating quality as the other people do. I have asked this from fellow guitarists and they have found nothing wrong in the way I am holding the chords. To make things clear here let me tell you I use a 0.45mm pick can somebody tell me how I can overcome this difficulty? Or point me out if I am going wrong somewhere.

I am afraid that there is no real easy way or short cut here, its just down to practice. These things take time to master, adding dynamics to a strumming pattern and playing more intricate rhythms are things that come with time. Just keep at it, play every day, challenge yourself to come up with fresh rhythms and you will continue to improve.

You have to challenge yourself in order to move forward or you will end up stagnating. Time, time time. Thats all you need.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom