Hannah and Chimah Walker

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
Somebody posted a video summary of the Cairns uke festival.

I found this video about the player that stood out amongst all the great talent there.

Hannah was singing mainly solo in the other video. Here, it appears her sister? is with her?

Look at that smile.

Last edited:
How cool must that have been to have James Hill play lead for them? Very fun!

Yep! It sure is.

When I was staying a couple extra weeks in Australia after my tour, I ended up staying with the Walker family. Luke, the dad (see the guy playing the Kala to the left), runs a tour company (Skywalker Tours) and is a great uke enthusiast.

They are incredibly talented little girls and their love for the uke is just infectious. Check out www.misshannahwalker.com

That's a great little Myspace page she has. Her recordings are very good! It'll be fun to watch her get better and better.

Yep! It sure is.

When I was staying a couple extra weeks in Australia after my tour, I ended up staying with the Walker family. Luke, the dad (see the guy playing the Kala to the left), runs a tour company (Skywalker Tours) and is a great uke enthusiast.

They are incredibly talented little girls and their love for the uke is just infectious. Check out www.misshannahwalker.com

Great info. Who was the catalyst to step up the timing near the end of the song? It seemed the girls got up to tempo fairly fast.

Is chimah or Hannah more the uke perfectionist?

I was wondering who was playing the Kala with the green shirt.

Thanks

James Hill did the timing thing. Them coming up to sing was completely spontaneous so nobody really knew what was going on. James did a great job of directing traffic though and it came out pretty good!

Aloha Suzukhammer,
Always enjoy the young ones jam....as well as the exerienced ones....Thanks for sharing....Looked like a fun time!! MM Stan..

Great to see your support for our local Cairns girls. Hannah started playing ukulele some time ago, and once she had learned a few songs, she started busking. She's a great talent and has incredible natural rhythm. Her sister Chima started playing the uke later, encouraged by her older sister.

Top Bottom