*SQUEE* I did it!

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi everyone :D

With help from the ever great mm stan, I've written the words and chords to my first original song on the Ukulele :D Stan got me started on chords and the rest I played around with on Lilo and finally have it sounding somewhat right. It'll take me a while to practise it totally, but expect a video of it soon :D

THANKS STAN!!!

Hope everyone is okay

Joey

Woot yeah for you!! I am happy you had success! Can't wait to hear it Joey...

I might wait till I get my new camcorder for Christmas to record it or not, not sure yet, I'd like to have an up strum with it too!

Glad to hear you are having fun and you worked something out.

That's great Joey, soon you will get that up strum and then your music will really take off!!!

Cheers!!

Glad to hear you are having fun and you worked something out.

That's great Joey, soon you will get that up strum and then your music will really take off!!!

Cheers!!

I can actually do the up strum and make it sound good, but I go to apply it to chords and really think about it, it goes off...what am I doing wrong? My song sounds good without an up strum, but I think it would sound SO much better with it!

Wow Joey, great to know you're progressing so fast. A new song out soon, move over Mr McCartney, they're clearing the stage for JoeyB!!

I've just written original song number two! In remembrance of a dear friend who died December 4th 2008, want to be able to play it right in time for the anniversary of her death. Will have to keep practising!

Thanks for all the support I've gotten from you UU members, couldn't have done it without all of you!

Wow Joey, great to know you're progressing so fast. A new song out soon, move over Mr McCartney, they're clearing the stage for JoeyB!!

I just wrote another! One day I'd love to self-publish a CD or something, but I'm a LONG way from that!

You know what... my teacher actually told me this and he's right. You just can't think about it so much...

I shall keep trying, it's all I can do, the songs sound good without the up strum, but I know they'd sound that much better with it!

Outstanding! I can't wait to hear them!

Aloha Joey,
Glad to hear you got the song done, sorry I'm not feeling well as I had to go to the doctors and can't focus to good now...good to hear
you worked it out!!!!maybe it was meant to be...learning and figuring it out yourself....I'm glad you accomplished your new goals....
and impoving those new skills......Can't wait to hear it!!! You go girl!!!!Way tooooo go!! Take Care and God Bless!!! MM Stan...

hey Joey

great news mate...how exciting to actually have written an original tune! Way to go mate...really looking forward to the sound and video clip: for both of them!!! So happy for you, and how motivating and inspiring that'll be to keep writing more...that Stan dude not a bad fellow eh! :)

blessings and Whooo-Hooohs!!!
eugene

Outstanding! I can't wait to hear them!

I've put up an unlisted video of "Remembering Jessie" in the Video and Links section, I plan to make it "public" on the anniversary of her death. Let me know what you think...I may be able to record Labels at some point soon :D

Aloha Joey,
Glad to hear you got the song done, sorry I'm not feeling well as I had to go to the doctors and can't focus to good now...good to hear
you worked it out!!!!maybe it was meant to be...learning and figuring it out yourself....I'm glad you accomplished your new goals....
and impoving those new skills......Can't wait to hear it!!! You go girl!!!!Way tooooo go!! Take Care and God Bless!!! MM Stan...

I hope that when you read this, you're feeling better. I'm doing okay today, a bit of pain, but still. Thank you SO much for getting me started on adding the chords to the song Labels, it helped me work out the chords for my second song too. You're a great friend, Stan. Take Care *hugs*

hey Joey

great news mate...how exciting to actually have written an original tune! Way to go mate...really looking forward to the sound and video clip: for both of them!!! So happy for you, and how motivating and inspiring that'll be to keep writing more...that Stan dude not a bad fellow eh! :)

blessings and Whooo-Hooohs!!!
eugene

Like I said above, there's an unlisted video of Remembering Jessie in the video and links section, I've had some advice privately and changed it a little since, but it's still basically what it will sound like :D

YAY!! That's great, Joey! I'm excited for you!!

Top Bottom