Amazing Grace on MP squareneck lap steel slide ukulele!!

fumanshu

Reaction score
Hi guys!! So here's a little clip that I did this morning just to give you an idea of how my MP squareneck lap steel slide ukulele sounds like!

I decided to play the classic Amazing Grace piece. It's the version of Troy on the dobro that I adapted for the uke.

Hope you enjoy and comments are welcome!

Thanks

Fu, this is awesome! Mike, once again, did a great job!

Hi Nu!!! Thanks man.... It's true that Mike did a very great job on this one.... Actually he brings it to National Guitar office where he used to work to show it to people there and they tried and just love it...

Mike told me that will probably build one for himself when he will get some time because he just love how this uke turned out...

Aloha Fu,
Sounds so sweet, got southern twang too it there....I like that....Must be fun with a new instrument....how's it working out with all the finger picks....
Thanks for sharing!! MM Stan

mm stan wrote:
Aloha Fu,
Sounds so sweet, got southern twang too it there....I like that....Must be fun with a new instrument....how's it working out with all the finger picks....
Thanks for sharing!! MM Stan

Hey MM!! It's nice to get new sounds from an uke and this one definitely has a different flavor to what I usually get from my traditional ukes.... As for the fingerpicks.....man if I would have choice, I would not wear them since it's not as natural as your barefingers but they really give that sounds that you're looking foron a lap....and not wearing them doesn't give that zing!!!!

This uke doesn't sound the same at all without those fingerpicks....even if normally I'm playing everything with my natural fingers!

Thanks talk to you soon!

Lexxy wrote:
I found myself singing along to it! heehee.

Hhaahah!!! you should tape your self and send it to me. I'll re-edit my video and make a nre one with you singing along!!! :)

that was awesome.. Never heard one of them before (in fact i didn't even know about them).. Sounds fantastic.. Well done, great stuff. :)

cokecan72 wrote:
that was awesome.. Never heard one of them before (in fact i didn't even know about them).. Sounds fantastic.. Well done, great stuff.

Thanks! Actually, there's not much people playing with a uke that is dedicated to do slide...it's mostly custom build ukes..but it's plenty of fun and hours pleasure sliding!

SWEET! Great sound & sweet slide. What key is the uke tuned in?

Gmoney wrote:
SWEET! Great sound & sweet slide. What key is the uke tuned in?

Hi Gmoney! I actually tried a few tunings and I switch from time to time from one tunign to another.. The tuning for this song is open E.

Thanks

Top Bottom