PDA

View Full Version : Folks love the new Gecko and Chili

Uke Republic
11-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I think GMoney will do a review but people really love the new plastic fantastic Mainlands. Pics don't do em justice as they are extra shiny and the graphics just make ye smile. Anyhow a lot of fun will happen from these new ukes. Bravo!

beergeek
11-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Love the Reggae Gecko! Any clips?

Hippie Dribble
11-03-2010, 09:14 PM
hi Mike

I'm with brother beergeek...lovin da reggae mahn, yo but where da clip brus??? :shaka: :)

mm stan
11-04-2010, 02:53 AM
Aloha Mike,
Them plastic fantastic colors are so cool...in many ways...$79.00 not bad....any sound clips or vid's brother????
Did you know in Honolulu in the eary 70's there was a surfboard company named "Plastic fantastic" some good times back then..
Thanks for sharing........MM Stan...
I just love the fleurocent bright colors......jus screams attention...

Skitzic
11-04-2010, 03:06 AM
If the Gecko had a gecko bridge I think I'd died and gone to ukulele heaven.

Sambient
11-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Ah, just when I thought I didn't know what I wanted for Christmas.

Gmoney
11-04-2010, 03:24 AM
I think GMoney will do a review but people really love the new plastic fantastic Mainlands. Pics don't do em justice as they are extra shiny and the graphics just make ye smile. Anyhow a lot of fun will happen from these new ukes. Bravo!

Did a short "New Uke" post a few minutes ago. LOVE the look, love the feel - it is similar to a Makala Doplhin, but the graphics are well done (designed by "our" own Captain_Lovehandles) & overall seem to be painted more consistently & finished w/a bit more attention to detail. Intonation is good, and I just couldn't put it down all night & this morning as well.

Aside: I encourage you to check Uke Republic's prices - They have them slightly lower than Mainland's own website! (I don't know what other sites will get them & when, I'd bet that Mainland has them in Tampa this weekend).