Mainland Chili! - New Uke Day!

Gmoney

Reaction score
Got my Mainland "Chili" from Uke Republic last night at the SEUkers Java Jam. What a GREAT & beautiful little uke.

CHILI1small.jpg

The paint job is excellent, it looks & feels a lot like a Makala Dolphin w/o the cute bridge. Plays very similar as well. But did I say anything about the paint job?

The Chili graphics are just awesome! I absolutely love it.

CaptainLoveHandles designed all of the graphics for this new Mainland line & the "geckos", the Chili, & the REGGAE GECKO are all great motifs.

Uke Republic sets these up w/Aquila (or other strings as well if you want - I may try some Kala Reds for the visual contrast)

The Gecko's will make great low-to-mid-price ukes for someone on your Christmas list (like yourself!)

Aloha Gmoney,
Man are you fast on the jump on this one....Have Fun and Enjoy!!!!Thanks for sharing..MM Stan...

Awwww they so got to make these available in UK

Pleased for ya!

Man love that look!!! Nice buy!

Excellent! I held my Reggae Gecko up to my Makala Dolphin and compared the sizes. The Gecko has a thinner body! Doesn't suffer in sound for that, though. Mainland should have a hit on its hands.

Now thats a very interesting uke! Have fun and enjoy.

Man, that is one hot uke!! Enjoy.

Kala Reds????

Gmoney...

Just trid Kala reds (acquired from mgm) for the first time... and for a similar reason.. wanted the red look on a newly painted uke. Liked the look but was really disappointed in the ping (or lack thereof) of of the strings... just seem very flat with very little "high end" to them. My 2cents worth...
Got my Mainland "Chili" from Uke Republic last night at the SEUkers Java Jam. What a GREAT & beautiful little uke.

View attachment 17229

The paint job is excellent, it looks & feels a lot like a Makala Dolphin w/o the cute bridge. Plays very similar as well. But did I say anything about the paint job?

The Chili graphics are just awesome! I absolutely love it.

CaptainLoveHandles designed all of the graphics for this new Mainland line & the "geckos", the Chili, & the REGGAE GECKO are all great motifs.

Uke Republic sets these up w/Aquila (or other strings as well if you want - I may try some Kala Reds for the visual contrast)

The Gecko's will make great low-to-mid-price ukes for someone on your Christmas list (like yourself!)

That's a really hot Uke! :drool:

Yay for new Uke Days!

I sign with spray paint.

I'll keep mine away from your spray paint can. Yep, couldn't help myself. It's gotten so cold in my house the last couple of weeks at night, instead of going downstairs to turn up the heat, I bought the Chile uke. Make sense? At the time it did to me. I can save the amount I spent by not upping the temp and use it to keep me warm this winter.
And thanks, musiccityuker, for the post on those Kala Reds on the Chile. I almost sent a note to ask UkeReplublic to put them on if they were available. Did you use the new style or the old style. Someone posted they liked the old ones better, if my recall is correct.
Gmoney, if only you could have balanced your glowing report with a few "Hmm, not sure, like it, but..." I would have been able to resist. No, can't blame someone else for my out of control UAS.

Top Bottom