The UkeKing

MGM is a great person, easy to work with and a lot of people, including myself, have bought ukuleles, strings etc. from him. If you have any doubts, buy from MGM.

I don't know The UkeKing, but from making a few clicks, UkeKing seems to be associated with a music store in SLO, and I have been in that store.

I don't know the owners, but since it is a real brick and mortar dealer, that is more positive than someone selling ukuleles that you know nothing about and may be operating out of his/her garage with no real investment.

John

Last edited:
Thanks i'll just get it from MGM although i'm from the philippines and mgm is not replying to any of my emails plus i'm looking for a makala tenor but he doesn't have it right now, only the mahogany tenor

I got a Makala Dolphin from the UkeKing, and it was fine... no real problems.
–Lori

Same here with no problems and quick ship.

I have ordered strings from the ukeking via mail and also purchased my dolphin in person from their store. I haven't had any problems. They were helpful when I was selecting my dolphin. I have also purchased to ukes from MGM. So if you're looking to make sure the uke is setup properly then I would prefer MGM. But if the ukeking has something exactly what your looking for then I would have no problems going through them.

Enjoy!

I have dealt with MGM, uke set up perfectly, new aquila strings, action set. Very happy buying from him!

I recently bought a uke from MGM and everything was great. Fast responses, easy transaction, fast shipping.

Also, remember that he may not have all of his ukes listed on his site. The one I bought was not listed on his site. He said he had one that was out at a uke fest but he went to the factory and picked one out for me.

Also, I know that MGM recently had some health issues which may be delaying his responses, but it is worth the wait. But it sounds like people have had pretty good experiences with UkeKing too.

Top Bottom