Interest Check: McNally Strumstick

Skitzic

Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone would be interested in purchasing a gently used McNally Strumstick. It's cute, almost has a banjo type sound to it, and originally got it to accompany uke songs...but I'm just not using it anymore.

If you don't know what a McNally Strumstick is...

From Amazon:

The McNally Strumstick is one of the easiest stringed instruments to learn how to play! It is designed for ease of learning and playing. It is a diatonic instrument (meaning all notes are on the basic scale with no sharps or flats), making it very easy to play new songs and to create your own. It has 3 strings. To start with, you can play the melody on one string and use the other two strings for a constant drone chord in the current key. As you advance, you can play chords on all 3 strings very easily.

This instrument plays in the key of G, and can also be tuned for the key of F. It has a Padouk body, spruce, and maple. This version has a sound similar to a banjo or dulcimer.

Thanks

How much are you looking to get for it?

Yeah somewhere around 90. I have to get a ball park shipping price. It's in a FedEx tube, will USPS take a triangular box? Would they take a triangular box that has FedEx written all over it?

USPS will take just about any shape box. They'll even take a flip-flop or a stale pancake if you put an address on it and enough postage, really. I don't think they'll take it with FedEx written on it. They ask that you mark out any labels on a recycled box. Good luck with the sale, it looks like you've got it all "wrapped up" already.

USPS won't take a fedex-labeled box but if you open the fedex box along the seam (you can do this easily by hand), then tape it inside out - voila! you have a cardboard triangle box. I do this with all sizes of fedex boxes.

USPS won't take a fedex-labeled box but if you open the fedex box along the seam (you can do this easily by hand), then tape it inside out - voila! you have a cardboard triangle box. I do this with all sizes of fedex boxes.

Thanks for the tip. I'm just going to wrap it in brown paper though. I have a ton of brown paper because I don't throw away any packing material. I'm too lazy to cut and tape boxes back together.

Top Bottom