Android apps?

I found that gStrings v1.05 is an insanely accurate chromatic tuner and works great in a pinch.

In addition to gStrings v1.05, there is also Mobile Metronome, Uke Chords and Rehearsal Assistant (audio recorder). I keep them all in one folder under "ukulele."

Marketplace shows me several:

Ukulele tabs (think the screen is too small to make tab apps useful) - paid version
Uke Pal (tuner & tabs) - free and paid versions, reviews suggest the free version is dense with ads.
Handy Ukulele (free) Plays sounds on touch screen, allows chord changes. Poor reviews.
Ukulele blog (free but why bother on a tiny screen?)
Ukulele Tuner (free - very basic, only re-entrant GCEA, sounds don't repeat and has pop-up ads that annoy you).
Ukegnome (free, captures one person's tweets about the ukulele. Who cares?)
Fretter (paid - calculates chords for guitar, banjo, mandolin and uke, good reviews and seems pretty useful)
Audio Tuner (paid, digital chromatic tuner, bad reviews)
Chordophone (free, shows uke chord fingerings for several hundred chords, very handy and easy to use, but no sounds)
Uke Chords and Uke Chords Baritone (paid chord databases with 2,600 chords and sounds, mixed reviews)

I have Chordophone and Ukulele Tuner installed. Chordophone is okay, but only has one fingering shown. The tuner is pretty minimal. Fretter gets great reviws and is probably worth the purchase.

How about an android app for violin?
A viol..een? What's that? It has four strings but they're tuned all wrong. Looks like a soprano that got flattened. No frets! How can anyone play that? Well, the action's too damned high anyway. It must be a fad. Stick to the uke.

Top Bottom