PDA

View Full Version : Mainland has arrived!

Kitsune
11-04-2010, 02:17 PM
My mainland, pineapple shaped, mangowood soprano has finally arrived. It's my second uke (after the makala dolphin) and it's quite exciting. I'll have to write a review after a bit more playing :) but so far it's just beautiful. Have to thank mainland for setting it up left-handed, meant I could tune it up and play it out of the box.

MAINLAND!!!!!!!!!

southcoastukes
11-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Don't know much about Mainland, but based on what you have just said, they must be allright. Excellent that they make provisions for those evil leftys! Not many will do it.

stevecarrero
11-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Enjoy. Mainland is a real deal. My Red Cedar Concert came set up just as I requested. A company (both of them :-) who cares. IMHO.

mangorockfish
11-04-2010, 05:58 PM
There are two types of uke players: those who play Mainlands and those who wish they did. Mainlands RULE!!!

Chris Tarman
11-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Congratulations! I love my mahogany soprano and cedar pineapple Mainlands. When you can, post some pics of yours. I might have to get a Mango to round out the collection. Ok, ACTUALLY, I need a Red Cedar soprano, a mahogany pineapple, and then both a mango soprano AND pineapple to truly round out the collection. But that isn't out of the question! They're small and not terribly expensive!

The_Oddness_of_It_All
11-05-2010, 03:32 AM
Congrats on your new uke! I've never played a Mainland, but I've heard good things about them.

Sambient
11-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Mainland is the best. I wish I'd gotten one sooner, I probably wouldn't have had had as much UAS if I'd learned how good and gotten one earlier.

Gmoney
11-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Mainland is the best. I wish I'd gotten one sooner, I probably wouldn't have had had as much UAS if I'd learned how good and gotten one earlier.

Wouldn't work... I now have FOUR Mainland ukes w/the new Chili uke!

Sambient
11-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Wouldn't work... I now have FOUR Mainland ukes w/the new Chili uke!

Yeaaah. I do own two and am putting two on my Christmas list. One being the Chili uke.

mm stan
11-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Congrats on the new manland....Have Fun and Enjoy!!!!! Keep Strumming them strings!!!!

Chap
11-05-2010, 05:47 AM
Mainland needs to make a longneck to get my attention....although I will be watching for news on their banjo-uke!

molokinirum
11-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Congrats on your new uke.

Any pics????????

d-mace
11-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Mainland needs to make a longneck

Yes....please!

Jerlial Prophet
11-05-2010, 07:11 AM
I love my Mainland. When I got my KoAloha, I thought I'd go into K-brand UAS overdrive. I do love the KoAloha but what I realized more was what an awsome deal the Mainlands are. The KoAloha may have it beat in weight, fit and finish, workmanship and sound. However, its much closer than you may suspect. If anything, it makes me want more Mainlands.

And +2 for longnecks.