Ukulele pick-up lines that don't work

Jake_Loew

Reaction score
I played an open mic recently. Most of the performers played guitars, but I was packin' my ukulele as usual. I played a fine set just as the night was starting to heat up, and the girl who was up after me-who was pretty cute-also happened to be playing a ukulele!

After her set she said to me, "hey, you were way better than me." To which I replied, "no sweat, you're way hotter than me." (and she was)

Need less to say, our conversation ended shortly after. What's a better ukulele pick-up line I could use next time I find myself in a situation like this?

I played an open mic recently. Most of the performers played guitars, but I was packin' my ukulele as usual. I played a fine set just as the night was starting to heat up, and the girl who was up after me-who was pretty cute-also happened to be playing a ukulele!

After her set she said to me, "hey, you were way better than me." To which I replied, "no sweat, you're way hotter than me." (and she was)

Need less to say, our conversation ended shortly after. What's a better ukulele pick-up line I could use next time I find myself in a situation like this?

Key #1: Don't use pickup lines. You're a rock star. Be one.

Don't see what her issue is, that's a good line, I probably would have laughed.

Key #1: Don't use pickup lines. You're a rock star. Be one.

Yup I agree, bad bad bad....first words out of your mouth at first meeting....HMMM
makes an impression like, hey ukulele rock star...are you an ukulele player or
a playa.....a simple thanks I like your playing too....would have been more appropiate.
and less of a turn off....you gotta remember, rock stars got a bad reputation.....

Dude are you blind? She brought the pickup line, up to you to play along. "hey, you were way better than me." - "you know it's not about been better or worse than the others, it's about enjoying what we're doing. Why not perform a song together?" And then you invite her to your place for the rehearsal.

Just say, " I was inspired" and smile then.. you have to compliment her.

and then you say things like "What do you think of the concept of "Uke Can Change the World?"

Dude are you blind? She brought the pickup line, up to you to play along. "hey, you were way better than me." - "you know it's not about been better or worse than the others, it's about enjoying what we're doing. Why not perform a song together?" And then you invite her to your place for the rehearsal.

This....except make sure to wait till a bit later in the conversation to ask her to your place. :)

hey brother Jake

my suggestion is you could have said almost anything other than what you DID say and it would have been a whole lot better...some women would find that line of yours pretty offensive methinks...just something simple and nice to get a conversation started...that line was just a dead end street brother....why can't people just 'talk' to each other anymore...sorry, I'm a wet blanket...must be getting old...guess I better put the ol' slippers and smokin' jacket on and make a nice cup of tea...

Sometimes saying what you think, and brutal honesty from the start is not a good thing, hahhah..

But maybe something like "Let's jam sometimes and trade Uke secrets..." or maybe even "I have a solid wood..." ehheh.. Maybe not so much the 2nd one tho, lol..

I

Maybe it's me, but your pick up line was really pretty bad. Just be natural, not snarky. You WILL get the girl that way. :-)

Sometimes saying what you think, and brutal honesty from the start is not a good thing, hahhah..

But maybe something like "Let's jam sometimes and trade Uke secrets..." or maybe even "I have a solid wood..." ehheh.. Maybe not so much the 2nd one tho, lol..

This is too funny!! Hhahahahhahaha

Maybe it's me, but your pick up line was really pretty bad. Just be natural, not snarky. You WILL get the girl that way. :-)

but why was it bad?????

(i) you're telling the girl instantly with the first words out of your mouth spoken to her, that she is a sex object

(ii) you accepted her compliment when you said "No sweat" but then neglected to give probably the one compliment that she was hoping to receive that evening...something nice about her uke playing...after all it was an open mic night and that was the one thing you had in common

I agree with Sukie, just talk with her naturally and show some respect brother.

Last edited:

First of all, should have asked if she'd like to jam...THat is quality time with someone that is fun and not weird. Then you could have used your wit and personalitiy to win her over.

Like I said... don't use pickup lines.

But if you gotta, you could do worse than this one!
It might work...

To which she replied, "Are you stringing me along?"
"You're a plucky lass," I countered.
"You're picking on me," she said.
"No, you're fretting too much."
... ;-)

I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread other than to say that I love it!

Oh, and I think eugene ukulele hit the nail on the head in post 13 point number 2.

Top Bottom