Banjo Ukes from Taiwan

the52blues

Reaction score
In other discussions about Taiwan ukes I had mentioned that I have bought a few tenor ukes from Taisamlu and was very happy with the quality for the low price. Now I see he has banjo ukes both with and without a resonator. I kinda like the resonator style. Not all BU manufacturers make them like that....but $150? OK $60 shipping so $210? I wish he would put one on auction. That's how I got the other tenors for less than $100. Has anyone else on here bought one of these babies?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Rally-Ukulele-ba...882?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588a4b0722

In other discussions about Taiwan ukes I had mentioned that I have bought a few tenor ukes from Taisamlu and was very happy with the quality for the low price. Now I see he has banjo ukes both with and without a resonator. I kinda like the resonator style. Not all BU manufacturers make them like that....but $150? OK $60 shipping so $210? I wish he would put one on auction. That's how I got the other tenors for less than $100. Has anyone else on here bought one of these babies?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Rally-Ukulele-ba...882?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588a4b0722

Hi the52blues

Yes I bought mine from Taisamlu and received it last week. I posted about it a few pages back. They all come out of the same
factory in China with different names on the headstock but the prices vary from seller to seller on ebay. I paid $200 for mine
including shipping and a hard case. This one is the top of the line that Taisamlu offers which is the same banjo ukulele as the morgan monroe selling elsewhere on ebay for $340. Check the link out below.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?37569-My-New-banjo-ukulele

That's great! Like I said I have bought a few from him on auctions and paid from 70 to 85 plus the 60 shipping and got instruments that are easily as good as or better than the Hawaiian K lines at nearly $1000. I'm juggling a few things right now but when I get a little ahead I'm gonna get me one of those!

I'm so itching for a banjo uke, but I can't afford $400+ for a Gold Tone resonator. Also, I don't think my ukulele skills (I'm a drummer, by nature) warrant such a huge investment. Are the $150 banjo ukes offered by Taisamlu better than just a good "starter" banjolele? I'm only in this for fun, so if I shell out the money, it will probably be the last banjo uke I will buy. However, I don't want one that's unplayable, or one that needs a $100 professional set-up to be playable.

Help!!!!

I know the quality of workmanship that I have gotten from Taisamlu is top notch and more than worth the price he charges. So I highly recommend his craftsmanship. However, I don't believe he actually makes the banjo ukes but brings them in from China. That being said, some of the other "manufacturers" out there buy from the same factory and have a different name put on the headstock and sell them for $100s more. Hopefully Okie Dokie will chime in with his appraisal of the banjo ukes since he just bought one.

I know the quality of workmanship that I have gotten from Taisamlu is top notch and more than worth the price he charges. So I highly recommend his craftsmanship. However, I don't believe he actually makes the banjo ukes but brings them in from China. That being said, some of the other "manufacturers" out there buy from the same factory and have a different name put on the headstock and sell them for $100s more. Hopefully Okie Dokie will chime in with his appraisal of the banjo ukes since he just bought one.

This is exactually correct all out of the same factory. Ok me being a new ukulele player I feel this was a bargain. Well constructed with a good ukulele banjo sound. Check around on ebay and you will see the one I bought is exactually the same as the closed backed Morgan Monroe but much less expensive. Look below link provided of a recient review of a Morgan Monroe banjo ukulele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLwKKP5hXW4

>>>>Look below link provided of a recient review of a Morgan Monroe banjo ukulele.<<<<<

It may be the sound quality of the video, but that banjolele actually sounds more like a regular soprano uke to me.

Top Bottom