got some of the jigs done, any pointers

haoleerik

Reaction score
well these are a couple jigs. i wanted the gurus to take a look and see if i missed anything important. i have yet to place the metal rods in the bending jig and cover the outside with metal mesh. but yeah, what you all think. oh i also took a 3 dollar garage sale uke and made a collage with it. im gonna put new tuners and strings and see if it plays. if not just use the pegs/tuners on a build. Thanks!

Attachments

• PB050034.jpg
    PB050034.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 54
  • PB050035.jpg
    PB050035.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 48
  • PB050036.jpg
    PB050036.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 55
  • PB050038.jpg
    PB050038.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 51
  • PB050037.jpg
    PB050037.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 52
The holes for the heat retaining rods are too far from the edge..they need to be around the perimeter of the mould :(.. so they will need moving outwards till they are flush with the edge to support the side material being bent...like this one I found on the web.:)
benderimage.jpg

damn. iwas gonna cover the outside with mesh like the hana lima one. could the rods stay put if i do that?

Thinking about it! ...It might work !! for the first couple or so, depending on how strong the mesh??...but you will have to try it first.... the mesh will give a bit as you clamp down and it will set into a transversed curved profile "I imagine"....I prefer a solid situation where the bars hold the mesh flat, and the material goes where it is supposed to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom