Which one should I buy?

AdikaSuhari

Reaction score
Hey community,
I'm a beginner and I want to buy a new ukulele..
but i don't really know which i should buy..
LANIKAI KOHALA HU-212 or LANIKAI LU11 SOPRAN UKULELE
maybe another one?

thanks for help ~

Aloha AdikaSuhari,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele...seems we are starting to have a few new members from Germany now...how cool!!! maybe you could get together if you live close....Germany's a big place..
I'd go with the Lanikai LU11 soprano ukulele...it would be my preference......Good Luck and Enjoy!!!! Happy strummings....MM Stan..

Aloha CatFiddle,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele too...Have Fun and enjoy too!! "Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan..

For the both of you, Check out and google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for awesome video tutorials...they're on You-Tube....

It's a good itea to buy a nice uke the first time out but not too nice because you might not stay with it. I like the concert and tenor sizes. They IMHO are easier to learn on. If you go with a laminate that is in the 1 to 2 hundred dollar range you will get a nice uke, For 50 dollars more you can get a solid wood uke that will sound very nice. I have been playing for two and a half years and I can play most of the chords and a few instrumentals. You won't learn overnight so just be patient and keep plugging away and if will come.

I would go with the Lanikai LU11 Soprano, but either one would be good. Just make sure that you put on some better strings than the stock strings. Try aquila strings (unless the Lanikai uke already has those strings on it)

Sorry to hijack, but having owned a Lani 11 and a 21, i personally think a well set up Makala Dolphin kicks both of them out of the park - get a Dolphin and save some pennies

I recently discovered the new line of "Luna" ukes. They have some gorgeous soprano and concert models. All are strung with Aguila strings right out of the box. Great prices ($69 for the Soprano) and a good lookin, good soundin' uke for the money. I'm very impressed with what they've done. A good starting point. Welcome to ukes and this uke forum. Glad to have you with us.

Top Bottom