I put out a new CD of kid-friendly ukulele rock!

Ukulele Jim

Reaction score
Hey UU!

I've got new music available right now, and I think you're going to dig it!

I'm excited to tell you about my new full-length CD of kid-friendly ukulele rock. It's called "Ukulele Jim's Jumping Flea Circus" and it's been my passion project this year.

Some of you may know this already and some may not, but five years ago I taught myself how to play the ukulele while my wife was pregnant with our twins. I wanted my kids to grow up in a home that was always full of music. Now that they're old enough to really enjoy music and relate to it, I wanted to make new music that was specifically for them, and include them in the process. The result is this album. It's my legacy to my children. It's now a permanent piece of their childhood.

You and your family will like it, too! Many parents with advanced copies of the album have already reported that "Ukulele Jim’s Jumping Flea Circus" has become their children's all-time favorite CD with heavy rotation at home and in their cars and, fortunately, the parents are enjoying grooving and singing along to it too.

UkeJimFleaCircus_A_V2_websafe-300x300.jpg

"Ukulele Jim’s Jumping Flea Circus" plays like a version of Sgt. Pepper for children, opening with the first song about a traveling circus of singing fleas. This whimsical tune sets up the rest of the album as part of a loose concept of watching a performance of musical vignettes. It all comes together by the later inclusion of a lullaby reprise about the fleas settling down in their beds for the night. Each song on the album captures the essence of being a kid through lyrics that reach to the heart of children's imaginations and danceable arrangements that get kids jumping. The album explores a variety of musical genres, including acoustic folk, rock, calypso, country and blues, all unified by a playful songwriting style. Even my own kids get in on the act, appearing in several songs as they interact with me through humorous banter and singing along.

Also included on the album as a bonus track is my new holiday song "Let's Have An Old Fashioned Christmas." I recently released this nostalgic tune as a single and it's available right now on my website as a FREE DOWNLOAD until Christmas! Tell your friends!

So head on over to my website at http://www.ukulelej.im/ and give this new music a try! Digital MP3 downloads are ready now, and CDs will be available starting next week. They'd make great stocking stuffers (hint, hint)!

Thanks! :D

Thanks, Harold!

I also sing it in G. I find it suits my voice better. Great minds think (sing?) alike.

Since I was going for permission from the writer himself to use the song, I figured it'd be good to restore the missing verse from the script and sing it as it was written. But I like your re-write too... it's fun. :)

Cheers,
J.

Will have to download when I have some spare $$ :D

Hi Jim...just had a look over your website...it's awesome mate and I loved the title track to the new record. Don't suppose you have any "hard" copies of the downhome marital aid record left do you???
I love the concept behind the new record and am going to order a copy as well, it'll be a "family" present under the tree for Christmas. For what it's worth, me, my wife and kids all love the uke and play together often, kids songs, old folk tunes and old-time stuff...it's lovely to be able to share music with those you love

Blessings brother Jim
eugene

Thanks Eugene! As a matter of fact, I *do* have a few copies of it left. Send me a PM and let me know your address.

CD sales are going better than I expected. I'm almost out of stock! If you'd like one of these for Xmas, please get your order in to me ASAP.

Last call for Christmas orders! If you want one for yourself or as a gift, please place your order with me TODAY, if possible. I only have 1 left in stock and a limited number on order for shipping next week! http://music.ukulelejim.net

I've still got some CDs available. If you're looking for a last-minute stocking stuffer gift idea, place an order with me today and you'll get it by Christmas!

Top Bottom