Brace wood

I got mine at home depot. I had to go thru a whole unit but found two really nice 2x4s that I cut brace material from. I cut it in 24 inch pieces, split with a chisel, jointed flat then sawed with the band saw.

It's like people are reading my mind... thanks for the links guys. I'm not going to say what I've been paying for my brace wood... it's very very nice stuff but I think I'm gonna keep it for special builds from now on.

Last edited:
Yes, those caught my eye as well. Easy to dress but intonation from hell.
I'll hold off on those until we see your review Steve.

Fahrner, doesn't the Santa Cruz Uke Club build a giant uke each to burn at the Burning Uke Festival? Those frets might even fit such an uke!
Next time I order from Aircraft Spruce I gotta get an eight foot length of that stuff just to have in the shop. Maybe paint it silver. Just too cool.

I just ordered from Bruce. What a GREAT price, like Vic I feel I have been paying to much. Live and learn thats the great thing about this forum. Thank you every one for your fast responses

Perry

Fahrner, doesn't the Santa Cruz Uke Club build a giant uke each to burn at the Burning Uke Festival? Those frets might even fit such an uke!
Next time I order from Aircraft Spruce I gotta get an eight foot length of that stuff just to have in the shop. Maybe paint it silver. Just too cool.
Yes, they do. Think the event is typically in September.
Here's a link if interested but the cool thing on the page is the video "playing for Change" and the song Stand By Me. Very cool.
http://humbleuker.blogspot.com/2009/09/burning-uke-vii-ukulele-club-of-santa.html
UkeBrn1.jpgUkbrn2.jpgUkbrn25.jpgUkbrn3.jpg

Top Bottom