Loch Na Garr - Celtic Ukulele

Ken i like your work, and this one is a corker.. That sounded lovely. :)

Aloha Ken,
That was sweet, It had an intresting, inquisitive, innocent, beautiful sweet melody hinging on sadness....I liked it very much!! thanks for sharing!!! MM Stan...

Aloha Ken,
That was sweet, It had an intresting, inquisitive, innocent, beautiful sweet melody hinging on sadness....I liked it very much!! thanks for sharing!!! MM Stan...

Thanks very much, Stan.

Wow, sounds really haunting. You get such a beautiful tone out of that uke.

Thanks for that. Most people give the credit (or blame) to the ukulele for the tone.

Ken that was fantastic, I was transfixed. Just out of interest, what ukulele were you playing?

Good of you to comment, Eroll. The uke I'm playing is a Kanile'a. It just happened to be the one that was lying around at the time.

Good of you to comment, Eroll. The uke I'm playing is a Kanile'a. It just happened to be the one that was lying around at the time.
How I dream of "Just" having a Kanile'a lying around. I knew it was something special as it sounded brilliant.

How I dream of "Just" having a Kanile'a lying around. I knew it was something special as it sounded brilliant.

Haha. My Kanikle'a is nice. It has a high action which gives it a lovely full tone. A lot of people think that a low action is a good thing, but I don't go along with that at all. In truth though, I don't worry too much about which uke I play. Actually I usually do Celtic stuff on a mahogany Ohana.

wow beautifully done Ken!! Most lovely sound from that Uke. Strings? don't look like Aquilas? Also are you using a pick up. Reverb sounds almost has studio quality. Very nicely done!!! Lozark

wow beautifully done Ken!! Most lovely sound from that Uke. Strings? don't look like Aquilas? Also are you using a pick up. Reverb sounds almost has studio quality. Very nicely done!!! Lozark

Thanks. The Kanile'a has a nice feel to it. The secret of a nice tone is very smooth fingernails, particularly the underside.

I don't use Aquilas much on tenors anymore. these are Worth BT strings.

I am not a big fan of pickups. I think I have only used one once for a recording.

The reverb is a free Audcity plugin from Anwidasofty.

Man, that was beautful.
DAP

Really beautifull Ken, I loved the celtic stuff you do. Im really annoyed at youtube for not putting this up on my subscriber module.

Thanks Ade, I appreciate the comment.

Quite a few people have made the same comment. It is annoying for me too. I have a theory as to what is happening. Because I have quite a lot of subscribers, YT may send the video to only some of them. It took a long time for this video to get started with very few comments in the first couple of days (Saturday and Sunday). I began t think the video was rubbish.

Top Bottom