New case for Ko'aloha Tenor

jgeary

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just bought a Ko'aloha Tenor and I love it! Finally!!!!!

It came with a serviceable (hard foam) case, but I'd like to buy a "fine" case for it. Any thoughts? I don't want a Calton case (way too heavy - I have one for my mandolin) but that's the quality I'm looking for. Either a dart-shape or a shaped-case is fine. Isn't there something like Ameritage Gold or Silver (?) that is very nice? Would a standard-size tenor case be the right size for a Ko'aloha?

Thanks. Woo hoo!

Jill
San Diego

Last edited:
I have two of the Ameritage Silver cases (a tenor for my Kamaka and a concert for my KoAloha Pineapple Sunday). I love them dearly. They are heavy but I installed shoulder straps on them to make them easier for traveling.

I used to have an Ameritage Gold but I ended up selling it -- I don't need the humidifier and I actually prefer the color scheme on the silver models.

I'm not sure about the measurements of the KoAloha tenor, but I would think it would fit. You can always email Ameritage to double check -- that is what I did before I bought mine for my tenor. Good luck to you.

Aloha Jill,
I have a Oscar Schmidt Hard Vinyl deep plush inside that came with my concert Oscar SChmidt, but my white label Kamaka Tenor fits perfect inside it...snuggly...
another person posted about cases and I left the demention of my uke there...it should give you a clue of the size of the case....Happy strummings and Good Luck!! MM Stan..
Btw- they're quite heavy but very sturdy....Musician's friend ...price is good!! $59.99...:):)
Check out uke talk, How big is your tenor, poster Raymond...

Last edited:
Check the Ko'olau website; click on Merchandise > Guitar and Ukulele cases.

Mike DaSilva Exclusive

Fiberglass-Closed-1024.jpg

Hi Kanaka916

thanks for the pics and link to Mike DaSilva's workshop...for myself, I have been looking for some nice cases outside the standard black issue hardshells...those daSilva cases are lovely...

Hey Jill. I just ordered a new Oahu case for my KoAloha tenor from MGM. It should arrive next week. They look pretty nice and have some design improvements over the older Oahu cases. More room in the case for the bridge area. Also ordered more Oasis humidifiers for all of my ukes as I finally turned the heat on for the first time here in New England.

Thanks for the ideas. Kanaka916, do you have the DaSilva case? It looks pretty cool, but in the photo it doesn't quite look "crush proof" if you know what I mean. The info says it is molded fiberglass - just wondering if it's heavy? But, it's cool looking. Dkcrown, did you get your Oahu case yet? How's the fit?
Another one I noticed from Musician's Friend is the Silver Creek case ($69.99 for a tenor). The crushed velvet interior seems to have a nice cushioning effect. Has anyone seen one of these? http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Silver-Creek-Vintage-Tenor-Ukulele-Case?sku=712794

Thanks and have a great day!
Jill

Jill:

I have used Ko'olau and Oahu cases for my favorite ukes and they are top-notch! My Kanile'a soprano lives in a Ko'olau case; I had a Kanile'a concert that lived in an Oahu case. I think these are just one step below Ameritage, personally...

I have an Oahu case for my KoAloha tenor. Fits great, and it's really well made.

Top Bottom