Kala Makala MK-C: Opinions needed.

harry200577

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking to get the Kala Makala MK-C, but need some advice on it, as I am not too sure how well it plays/looks etc. Any advice please :D

Aloha Harry,
Best advice I can give you is go into a music store and try some out for sound, comfort, playability, finish, features and price......and go from there!! Good Luck!!!MM Stan..

Hi Harry,

I got a MK-C back in July , it's a good entry level laminate at a economy price.
There's no binding and the rosette is a mere decal, nothing really exiting about it
except the low investment. I'm happy with mine it sounds nice but factory strings
should be changed for more volume and tone improvement, Aquillas were my choice.
The tuning machines are open geared with ivory colored knobs and work / tune easy.
Well, I've had it for about 5 months now, and it's still working fine, I'm glad I bought it.
Plenty of better uke out there for more money but this one 'll get ya in the game cheaply.

005-3.jpg

Cheers.

Exactly what Bill said. It's a great uke to decide if you actually want to play the uke on. I bought something nicer after six months with this, but as a starter uke, you can't go wrong with the makalas.

Aloha Harry,
Best advice I can give you is go into a music store and try some out for sound, comfort, playability, finish, features and price......and go from there!! Good Luck!!!MM Stan..

I will be buying it off the internet, so that won't be a possibility. Thanks anyway stan.

I think if you're uncertain about whether or not you are going to like the uke, and don't want to risk too much money on the idea, the MK-C would do that for you. But, if you are like me, and admire the beauty in musical instruments, this one is a bit dull on that scale. There are a lot of really good, and beautiful instruments out there. A beautiful ukulele is inspiring to play.

When we wanted to get a gift for a musician friend, knowing he would probably play it eventually, but would be turned off by a cheap looking instrument, we got this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KALA-KA-CG-Glos...ltDomain_0&hash=item5640c172f9#ht_2035wt_1141
He brought it with him to music camp, and the reviews from fellow players was positive. It is an inexpensive ukulele that can become your only uke (and keep the UAS at bay). You won't get much for reselling a used starter uke, if you decide to upgrade. Sometimes it costs less in the long run to pay a little more for something nicer.
–Lori

I will be buying it off the internet, so that won't be a possibility. Thanks anyway stan.
The Makalas are great entry instruments, my first was a MK-T the tenor version, and in the family we have several Makala's and they are all nice playing good sounding uke's. If you buy online go with musicguymic on ebay, he is a member here and his customer service is second to none. He also puts Aquila strings on them and sets them up so they play right from the begining, go with mgm and you can't go wrong.

Top Bottom