PDA

View Full Version : The SISTERHOOD of The Traveling Ukulele

lovemissheather
06-28-2008, 10:45 AM
alright, since the boys were becoming embarassed by our amazing planning skills and us knocking off the brotherhood... why don't we start a thread.

i could get the uke, we could recruit the musicians, get it planned, and get it started.

and like i mentioned previously, we could auction it and let the proceeds go towards U4K.

:)

Plainsong
06-28-2008, 11:08 AM
I wish I could meaningfully participate, but shipping a uke from Finland is hella expensive. It cost over €100 (well well well over $100) just to ship a Risa concert stick. It has to do with the size of the box and how they assume would be in such a box must weigh 5 megatons. There's no difference between size of box and weight of box. Well there is, but there really isn't. :(

lovemissheather
06-28-2008, 11:18 AM
I wish I could meaningfully participate, but shipping a uke from Finland is hella expensive. It cost over €100 (well well well over $100) just to ship a Risa concert stick. It has to do with the size of the box and how they assume would be in such a box must weigh 5 megatons. There's no difference between size of box and weight of box. Well there is, but there really isn't. :(

that is such a bummer. maybe if we get the u4k stuff together early, we can get the non-profit postal prices. i'm not sure how much cheaper it would be for you, but it might help...

then again, that leads to a whole different topic.
we still have a lot of work to do with that.

maybe we could find a way, though. maybe...

salukulady
06-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks for starting this thread, Heather. I had just looked to start our own thread and YEA, you already had! I think first we need to decide what will be done with the uke in the end. Raising $$$ for ukes4kids is great if ukes4kids was actually up and running. How about we just donate the uke to the teacher in L.A. He could keep it or pass it onto a well deserving young female uke player next year at school. That would simplify the idea, And perhaps, to save on shipping cost keep this first traveling uke in the continental U.S. Also, if we're successful with this one, we could always do it again and broaden our shipping area next time. Just some thoughts.....

Oh, and.....boys are icky...throw coconuts at them! (sorry, guys!):p

lovemissheather
06-28-2008, 12:14 PM
that's a GREAT idea :) and it makes it so we can get started without finishing up other projects currently in the making.

and yes m'am they are. :D bahaha

Plainsong
06-28-2008, 01:53 PM
For profit, not for profit, there's no distinction in Finland. I can only watch from the sidelines, but since this is a sisterhood thread, I wanted to represent with some solidarity. :D

helloonurse
06-28-2008, 02:39 PM
I like the idea of donating to a student! Who best to help out. I am only a beginner, but would more than love to participate in this little project if that was cool with ya'll! :rock: Just let me know.

*throws a coconut* Bwhahahahhaha

KamakaTexas
06-28-2008, 05:22 PM
*throws a coconut* Bwhahahahhaha

I love it -- virtual coconuts!

Duck, guys!

*throws another coconut*

:rofl:

seeso
06-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Mmmmmm.... coconuts.... drool...

You guys should auction it off on eBay and have the proceeds go to a charity that you all can agree upon.

deach
06-29-2008, 12:06 AM

?? should I? :confused:

*backs out of thread slowly

lovemissheather
06-29-2008, 01:28 AM

You guys should auction it off on eBay and have the proceeds go to a charity that you all can agree upon.

excellent idea. i think the money auctioned would be more helpful than having the uke for one of the kids. though, a uke for one of the kids would still be special.

the cool thing is, we can do this more than once.
so there are lots and lots of options.

deach, get the heck outta here *throws three coconuts*:nana:

lovemissheather
06-29-2008, 01:28 AM
it's all outa love :cool:

deach
06-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Deach, Get The Heck Outta Here *throws Three Coconuts*:nana:

Lol !

lovemissheather
06-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Lol !

:biglaugh:

davoomac
06-29-2008, 11:34 AM
You think it'll get a decent amount on ebay? How about auctioning it off to current UU members? How cool would it be for a UU member to get the final uke with all the sisterhood sigs? :D

deach
06-29-2008, 11:35 AM
You think it'll get a decent amount on ebay? How about auctioning it off to current UU members? How cool would it be for a UU member to get the final uke with all the sisterhood sigs? :D

Either here or ebay, I'd bid!!!!!!

lovemissheather
06-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Either here or ebay, I'd bid!!!!!!

woohoo!! :) either way works for me, i think if we promoted it via youtube and UU... we could definitely get some good bids... whether it was on here or on ebay... or any other auction site!

i'm heading out in a bit to go instrument shopping (have to feed the addiction).. i'm going to see if i can find a cheap little uke to pass around for this. :D

:music:

we gotta start recruiting our sista's for this project!!!!!!!!!

davoomac
06-29-2008, 01:03 PM
woohoo!! :) either way works for me, i think if we promoted it via youtube and UU... we could definitely get some good bids... whether it was on here or on ebay... or any other auction site!

i'm heading out in a bit to go instrument shopping (have to feed the addiction).. i'm going to see if i can find a cheap little uke to pass around for this. :D

WOOO! can you add the updates to the first post? :)

lovemissheather
06-29-2008, 05:57 PM
WOOO! can you add the updates to the first post? :)

yesssir i can, and i will.
you just want the updates on who's in???

Fred Miu
06-29-2008, 07:32 PM
ohhh heather, ripping off NukeDOC's idea....shame on you >_< haha

sounds like a good idea though.

davoomac
06-30-2008, 02:02 AM
yah! i love it! hehe

I just think its funny that the girls are about to get this rolling and the guys have taken forever to get started. :D

ricdoug
06-30-2008, 03:32 AM
Buko? Ang Sarap! All this talk of coconuts must mean the ladies are very fond of the men!

Keep up the drive on this good cause. Ric

lovemissheather
06-30-2008, 04:26 PM
ohhh heather, ripping off NukeDOC's idea....shame on you >_< haha

sounds like a good idea though.

well, we weren't invited :(

so i had to do SOMETHING!!!

:D

helloonurse
07-02-2008, 05:02 AM

How did your search go? Let me know if I can help in any way!

lovemissheather
07-02-2008, 07:30 AM

it's a lot harder finding ukulele's in sacramento than i thought it would be.
they had a cordoba concert series and a soprano that was still priced higher than it was worth.

le' sigh.

ebay shall help me out, or so i hope.

we'll get SOMETHING!!

Howlin Hobbit
07-02-2008, 07:35 AM
it's a lot harder finding ukulele's in sacramento than i thought it would be.
they had a cordoba concert series and a soprano that was still priced higher than it was worth.

le' sigh.

ebay shall help me out, or so i hope.

One word. Sorta.

MusicGuyMic (http://stores.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room).

lovemissheather
07-03-2008, 03:39 PM
One word. Sorta.

MusicGuyMic (http://stores.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room).

musicguymic is awesome. there are a few awesome sellers on ebay.

actually, my dad and his wife know a guy who has his own ukulele ebay business (hell, that's news to me! where's my discounts! haha)

i might see if he would be interested in hooking up some deals.

in the meantime, i'm working on getting some people involved in this project.
it was pointed out to me that even with this, we are going to need someone to handle the funds, etc.

i hate doing this kind of stuff over the internet.
but yes.

those of you interested, lets get this thing off the ground :)

i have a kala kiwi that we could use for the project.
heck, its all cute and girly and works for the sisterhood... amirite?

deach
09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Bumping the ladies. ohhhhhhh yeah!

NukeDOC
09-09-2008, 09:51 AM
:biglaugh:hahahahaha he beat me to it!

lovemissheather
09-10-2008, 05:42 PM

we still need to do this.
so who's down?
i have a kala kiwi we can use.
might get another fun cheapie to use.

hmmmmmmmmm?

salukulady
09-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Shit howdy, Deach found us........okay, now I'm game, let's roll girls! Heather if you've got one, one is enuf to get started, let's just do it. Here's my address.

Address Edited - Please Be Careful... seeso

Ship it away to me.

Who's next after me?

and do we hafta post a vid....I have no idea how to, somebody show me, just want to get this done b4 the boys.

thesoobz
09-10-2008, 08:05 PM
can i have coconut juice? ahah if so im down! ahhaha

naw just kidding if you need any sort of help get at me! im down to help

my names soobz or soobin

the uke brings joy therefore we must spread the joy!

=D

salukulady
09-10-2008, 09:11 PM
can i have coconut juice? ahah if so im down! ahhaha

naw just kidding if you need any sort of help get at me! im down to help

my names soobz or soobin

the uke brings joy therefore we must spread the joy!

=DYah gotta be a girl to join us......hope you are....no boyz allowed.....let us know!!!

thesoobz
09-10-2008, 09:21 PM
haha naw im a dude haha but just saying if you need any help +) ahha

deach
09-23-2008, 08:56 AM
http://www.blackbag.nl/images/bump-chef.jpg

dinkadink
09-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey Heather! (I'm Heather too...) I'm in! And I'm also in the Bay Area. Just let me know what to do next, and if you need any help...

Sisters are doing it for themselves! ;)

deach
10-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Where has Heather been?

sukie
10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Where has Heather been?

Which one?

laietildaend
10-08-2008, 11:36 AM

me too
oh i luv dis idea

*breathing heavily from dodging coconuts*

how do u like my avatar?

laietildaend
10-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Yah gotta be a girl to join us......hope you are....no boyz allowed.....let us know!!!

u f'reelz?

:music:<---------- so0o0o00o0o jelisss

deach
10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Which one?

Heather - LoveMissHeather

deach
02-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Update please....

Kanaka916
02-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Heather - LoveMissHeather
She hasn't logged on as of late, last time was in early Jan . . .

deach
05-19-2009, 07:49 AM
For Salukulady....

You don't have to wait for Heather. She never officially signed a uke to get it started. I think you should find a uke and start it off yourself.

I just talked to someone in Canada who saw my video. She is going to do something similar up there.

iamdanielle
05-19-2009, 08:07 AM
i want in! i want in!!

sukie
05-19-2009, 08:11 AM
I am also in.

Salukulady, I sent you a PM. Let me know. We can get this started quickly if we want to.

salukulady
05-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Okay Girls, here we go......

Sukie's got a uke she's willing to donate...and get this...it's signed by Jake! So Sukie is going to the World Congress in Indiana in a couple of weeks and she's going to get a bunch of signatures then. Herself, LisaXy, Adellethegreat, Ukulelezo (sp?), and probably others. So if you wanna be in the loop, sign in after this post, we're working forward from here.

The plan is, when you receive the uke, if you have a camera, please post a video on youtube of you signing it and maybe a short number....or whatever you feel like doing. Then post a link here so we can all watch them.

Hey Deach, is there is anything special we should do? You've done this before and I'm sure you have some pointers for pulling this off. Could you pm Sukie and I with you're wisdom? Also, how the heck do we auction this thing off after we're done?

lisaxy424
05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
YAYAYAYAY!!!

Way to go Sukie!!! I'm sure we can start out the video at the congress - have it be a little girl pow-wow to kick it off!

I'll bring the silver pens...lol :D

SailQwest
05-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Yay, Sukie! It's cool that this is finally getting started. And I definitely want in on this!

sukie
05-27-2009, 11:42 AM
bump
Anybody else interested in doing this? Sail Qwest, you'll have to let us know how to get the ukulele to you.

SailQwest
05-27-2009, 11:54 AM
The best way is USPS Priority Mail. It's regular domestic rates to us. (However, UPS charges international rates to the VI.)

Skidtz
05-27-2009, 02:04 PM
SailQwest:

If you let me know when you receive, I'll fly to St T to sign as well!

salukulady
05-27-2009, 02:32 PM
SailQwest and Skidtz, that would be SO cool. The two of you could do a video together to post!

sukie
05-27-2009, 04:52 PM
SailQwest:

If you let me know when you receive, I'll fly to St T to sign as well!

I put you both done as yeses then. Awesome!

salukulady
05-29-2009, 05:01 AM
Participants in the SISTERHOOD of the traveling uke, updated as of 5/29/09

sukie
Salukulady
iamdanielle
lisaxy424
SailQuest
Skidtz

Participants agree to receive uke, make a video of yourself signing and maybe playing uke (if you have a camera), post it on youtube and show the link here, forward the uke to the next participant. Sukie will be in charge of the order of the mailing list because she has a map. Each participant will be responsible for the shipping charges to the next location, so don't sign-up unless you agree. I feel we should keep the participants in the U.S., Canada, and U.S. territory's, oversea shipping charges could be cost prohibitive, but that can be decided by the group. When finished the uke will be auctioned off and the proceeds will be sent to a worthy cause connected to children and music.

If you agree to the above, copy the list and add you name to it. This may take some time, girls, so please be patient and keep an eye on this thread for updates.

iamdanielle
05-29-2009, 06:22 AM
this is so exciting!! i can't wait to receive it! who do i give my address to?

Lori
05-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Salukulady

I am in the Santa Monica/ West LA area, and I have a nice camera. If we wanted to gather several Los Angeles area people together, we could cover several people at once. I would be willing to come down to Huntington Beach to help out, or meet someplace in between if more people get interested.

A couple of ideas (you can take'm or leave'm):
It would be nice if each participant could choose a setting that gives a sense of place.... someplace that is distinctive or representative of their location.
Similar to the idea that "Where the Hell is Matt".
http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/?fbid=FNnHtapW_rM

If we all played the same song, in the same key, with the same tempo, we could edit it all together into one video. It would be fun, if each segment was shot from the same distance. A bit ambitious, I know, but I could edit it together.
Still photography can be used when video is not available. Audio files could be layered together so it sounds like we are singing together at the end.
– Lori

ukulelezo
05-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey Ukuladies!

I am unfortunately not going to be at the Congress but I would like to be on the list. Canada to represent! Maybe mctrmt would be interested too? I'll shoot her an email.

This sounds like great fun! Who do I send my address to?

sukie
05-30-2009, 03:29 AM
Oh my gosh! We need to start getting organized. Right now I take life one step at a time or I get wacko. I am taking the ukulele with me to the World Congress. I'll get as many signatures there as I can. Addresses probably don't have to be exchanged until it's your turn to send it out.

SailQwest, what's your schedule like -- charter-wise, etc -- in the near future? Perhaps you should be the next one to receive it? Will Skidtz be available? That'd be great to get you both together for the signing.

Ladies -- please keep signing up for this.

SailQwest
05-30-2009, 04:51 AM
After June 13 we'll be "at liberty" meaning no charters on the books, so it would be a good time for me.

I'm not sure about Skidtz, but even if we can't get together I can send it to her right away.

sukie
06-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Ladies -- is it ok if I have the girls in the Twin Cities Ukulele Orchestra sign it also, even though they aren't UU members? We meet tomorrow night (Tuesday) and then I'm off to Indiana on Thursday.

SailQwest
06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Sounds good to me. And it might give them added incentive to join UU. ;)

salukulady
06-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Ladies -- is it ok if I have the girls in the Twin Cities Ukulele Orchestra sign it also, even though they aren't UU members? We meet tomorrow night (Tuesday) and then I'm off to Indiana on Thursday.Hey Sukie, it's your uke. I think you should get whomever you want to sign it! I was going to ask if I might let Shirley the owner of Island Bazaar and the Barefoot Wahines sign it. Let's just make sure everyone signs rather small maybe.

deach
06-01-2009, 10:11 AM

Hey Deach, is there is anything special we should do? You've done this before and I'm sure you have some pointers for pulling this off. Could you pm Sukie and I with you're wisdom? Also, how the heck do we auction this thing off after we're done?

Sorry, Just saw this.

I've never done this before. I'd guess putting it on ebay would probably be the best way to do it. Have members who have tons of YT subscribers do a video describing the project and posting a link to the auction.

sukie
06-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Sally, that's a wonderful idea! Personally I think any "girl" that plays the ukulele should sign it. Yes, small is good.

sukie
06-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey ladies -- here is the first signature -- other than Jake's -- on the Sisterhood's ukulele. It's Mercedes from the Twin Cities Ukulele Orchestra. Yea, it's a crappy photo, but it is a photo.

salukulady
06-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Hey ladies -- here is the first signature -- other than Jake's -- on the Sisterhood's ukulele. It's Mercedes from the Twin Cities Ukulele Orchestra. Yea, it's a crappy photo, but it is a photo.

1610Whooo-Hooo! Here we go!

lisaxy424
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Ok ladies! Here is the FIRST OFFICIAL VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb1xJi-4ly4) of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Uke!

A big THANK YOU to Sukie for donating her *first ever* ukulele for this wonderful cause!

So...what's the next step!? :D

salukulady
06-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Ok ladies! Here is the FIRST OFFICIAL VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb1xJi-4ly4) of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Uke!

A big THANK YOU to Sukie for donating her *first ever* ukulele for this wonderful cause!

So...what's the next step!? :DWhat a wonderful video! It's so cool to see all of you. I can't wait for it to get here. I suppose it needs to make it's way to SailQuest next?

Skidtz
06-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Woohoo!

I leave for Alaska 08JUL. If it doesn't get to SailQwest by the end of June, I probly won't be able to make it to St Thomas to join in the signature. But I'll do my best!

If not, it'll just have to be mailed to Kodiak!

SailQwest
06-14-2009, 05:21 AM
I think Sukie is planning to get in the mail to me in the next few days. Then 3-7 days for USPS and it should be in St. Thomas.

wickedwahine11
06-14-2009, 05:32 AM
Love the video. Very cool! :)

sukie
06-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Woohoo!

I leave for Alaska 08JUL. If it doesn't get to SailQwest by the end of June, I probly won't be able to make it to St Thomas to join in the signature. But I'll do my best!

If not, it'll just have to be mailed to Kodiak!

Noted. It'll be in the mail tomorrow - Monday the 15th of June.

lisaxy424
06-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Great job on getting this rolling, Sukie!

This is going to be SO COOL to see it go around to all the different places! First seeing it in Indiana - then on the Caribbean beach (maybe I should have been shipped with it!) :)

YAY!! :smileybounce:

sukie
06-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Okay ladies -- I got a message from Sailqwest yesterday that the ukulele had arrived. Just think -- from Burnsville to Indiana back to Burnsville and now it's in St. Thomas, V.I. Who else will want to autograph it?

dominicfoundthemooon
06-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Okay ladies -- I got a message from Sailqwest yesterday that the ukulele had arrived. Just think -- from Burnsville to Indiana back to Burnsville and now it's in St. Thomas, V.I. Who else will want to autograph it?

you guys are sooo dope for doing this.. makes me want to get one going... guys do not seem as organized!!!! good job!!!

SailQwest
06-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Here's the next installment in the adventures of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Ukulele. Shot the first part (the signing) at Latitude 18. The second part is out on the boat...I just couldn't resist playing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0dJ0fjkkI

sukie
06-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Here's the next installment in the adventures of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Ukulele. Shot the first part (the signing) at Latitude 18. The second part is out on the boat...I just couldn't resist playing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0dJ0fjkkI

Yea!!! Who wants it next?

salukulady
06-24-2009, 10:43 AM
This is so great! Kim, you sounded beautiful out there on the ocean. Who else is on the east coast, it should probably go thru everyone out there before it comes west. Also there's our sisters in Canada.

sukie
06-24-2009, 10:59 AM
This is so great! Kim, you sounded beautiful out there on the ocean. Who else is on the east coast, it should probably go thru everyone out there before it comes west. Also there's our sisters in Canada.

I KNOW!!!

And it'd be great if somebody wanted to sign it. Anybody?

SailQwest
06-25-2009, 01:13 AM
Well, Skidtz and I can't get together in St. Thomas, so the ukulele's next stop is Skitdz' place in Puerto Rico. :D

ukulelezo
06-25-2009, 03:18 AM
This is going great! The videos are so much fun! We're anxiously awaiting the uke up here in Canada but I'm not sure if it's the greatest idea cost-wise to go from Puerto Rico to Canada so hopefully there is someone in between that would like to sign it!

:anyone:

salukulady
06-25-2009, 04:35 AM
Puerto Rico! Here comes the UKE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjy9acXwovE

sukie
06-25-2009, 04:38 AM
This is going great! The videos are so much fun! We're anxiously awaiting the uke up here in Canada but I'm not sure if it's the greatest idea cost-wise to go from Puerto Rico to Canada so hopefully there is someone in between that would like to sign it!

:anyone:

Maybe I'm too loose with my money, but it was only about $11 to send the uke from Minnesota to SailQwest in St. Thomas.

LonnaB
06-25-2009, 09:55 AM
I know I already signed it, but it would be awesome for it to make it's way back for the UWC next year!

cocohonk
06-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Wow, this is a pretty amazing project to be doing! Lots of luck!

If you ever do expand it beyong the continental US (or, it seems, the N and S America continent), let us know!

Ahnko Honu
06-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Wow, this is a pretty amazing project to be doing! Lots of luck!

If you ever do expand it beyong the continental US (or, it seems, the N and S America continent), let us know!

Stupid question time: Are you female? :confused:

cocohonk
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Why, yes, I am. I'd imagine it'll be one of the first prerequisites here. :D

Ahnko Honu
06-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Why, yes, I am. I'd imagine it'll be one of the first prerequisites here. :D

Okay, jusssst checking. :D Second stupid question: Are you Chinese? :o

cocohonk
06-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Is that also a prerequisite? :D

Ahnko Honu
06-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Is that also a prerequisite? :D

No, but would be awesome to have someone from the old country representing. ;) :shaka:

cocohonk
06-26-2009, 06:36 PM
I'd be a horrible representation. But, I suppose, yes. :D

Skidtz
07-04-2009, 04:25 AM
Woot! Received Ye Old Travelin' Uke yesterday, and thought I'd do the sig today, what with it being Independence Day, and all.

To whom am I sending it next? I would like to post on Monday, as I leave for Alaska on Wednesday!

unluckymum
07-04-2009, 04:39 AM
Awesome project- if you ever consider sending it in a European direction I'd be up for it :)

Skidtz
07-05-2009, 03:27 AM
All signed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58nIFbpEgHQ

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsduAxOsfaQ

Woohoo!

NatalieLin6
07-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Well, I don't know if you are supposed to be well known for this project, but if you ever want it to travel to the great lakes of Michigan, I would be more than happy to participate.

salukulady
07-06-2009, 07:38 AM
All signed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58nIFbpEgHQ

and

Woohoo!Skidtz! You are adorable and you have a great voice! How fun.

Ahnko Honu
07-06-2009, 09:00 AM

Woohoo!

Skidtz iz da bomb! :worship::cheers::shaka:

NukeDOC
07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
from the brotherhood thread:

"how about we hold hands on this one and combine the ukes that you have put up so they can continue on with more autographs?"

we shouldnt be competing with this. imagine the potential if we remember our sesame street lesson: TEAMWORK.

whataya gals say?

sukie
07-09-2009, 02:24 AM
I'm fine with it. Ladies?

SailQwest
07-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Yay, Skidtz!!! Cool videos!

And Nukedoc, I'm not really sure what you're asking. Ship the ukuleles together? Auction them together? Donate them together?

salukulady
07-09-2009, 05:08 AM
I say "No boys allowed". I think two sets of sigs on ukes going around is a good thing. And you boys already have like three ukes traveling in your brotherhood.

salukulady
07-09-2009, 05:09 AM
By the way, where is our uke?

NatalieLin6
07-09-2009, 05:59 AM
I received a message from Skidtz. She said that she was leaving for Alaska but would have her husband send it to me in Michigan sometime this week. I am just waiting for the tracking number so I can follow it.

NukeDOC
07-09-2009, 06:06 AM
im just saying that with our powers combined, we could be captain planet.

i mean...

you guys are already sending your ukulele around. and thats fine. but it wouldnt be beneficial or economical to have two sets of ukulele around with the same autographs... or do you guys have a completely different set of autographs lined up?

i just didnt want to compete with you guys or have to give people a choice of whom to choose due to popularity or whatever bias you can think of. if it all came down to a package deal, then it would show unity, even though it started out as a separate endeavor. and then final pot would be even sweeter in the end with a Santa Claus Sack of ukulele covered in the finest ukulele player signatures we can muster up.

just imagine the display wall of the winner of the auction... and the potential highest bid for a collection of this caliber. how many ukulele could it buy for deach's charity of choice?

anyway, im just stating my case. i hope im not guilt tripping any of you into doing it. i just thought of how to make things more efficient and how to fill the prize with as much aloha as possible.

sukie
07-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I shall try to make my case for an alignment with the guys:

I Pmd NukeDoc and asked if it'd be okay if we did our own signatures but then put them together for the auction. He said that would be fine. I think that's the way to go. The end results are the same for both groups and it'd probably be easier and make more money that way. We can still send it out to just females. That's fun in itself.

Ladies, please think about it. We have some time before any big decisions need to be made.

On another note, I have PMd Victoria Vox -- hope she checks in on UU --about having her sign it when she is in Milwaukee for the Uke Fest in September. If I bring it there I should be able to get a bunch of signatures. Isn't this fun?:D

NatalieLin6
07-13-2009, 05:54 PM
I received the ukulele from Skidtz today. I am going to try to make a video in the next day or two.

deach
07-14-2009, 02:02 AM

On another note, I have PMd Victoria Vox -- hope she checks in on UU --about having her sign it when she is in Milwaukee for the Uke Fest in September. If I bring it there I should be able to get a bunch of signatures. Isn't this fun?:D

lol I wonder if she's tired of seeing the ukes for this project.

sukie
07-24-2009, 07:53 AM
lol I wonder if she's tired of seeing the ukes for this project.

So I shouldn't go dropping your name? I thought it might help. Rats!

ALSO LADIES -- is there any movement on this? We need to make sure Salukulady (Sally) has it before Aldrine arrives in CA. I'd also like to have it by September 26th for the Milwaukee Uke Fest.

Who wants it next or should it go to Sally right away?

salukulady
07-24-2009, 08:11 AM
So I shouldn't go dropping your name? I thought it might help. Rats!

ALSO LADIES -- is there any movement on this? We need to make sure Salukulady (Sally) has it before Aldrine arrives in CA. I'd also like to have it by September 26th for the Milwaukee Uke Fest.

Who wants it next or should it go to Sally right away?I wouldn't mind having it now and I will make sure and post it to you after Aldines signature on the 10th, unless it needs to stop somewhere else here in Ca.

NatalieLin6
07-24-2009, 10:02 AM
I will be posting my Sisterhood videos later today. Just let me know where we want it to go to next and I'll get the needed info from whoever. This is such a great idea, thank you for including me.

guitharsis
07-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Loved your videos Natalie. You have a great deal of talent and sound good even with a $35 uke!

NatalieLin6
07-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Here is my video playing the traveling ukulele

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU2RS-2u088

and here is the signing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhl4rpmo0xk

From the looks of the ukulele and the list that came with it, iamdanielle hasn't signed it yet. I believe she is also in Michigan, so I could send it to her next.

SailQwest
07-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Nice videos! I love your original. It's beautiful!

NatalieLin6
07-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Nice videos! I love your original. It's beautiful!

Thank you very much. I liked your videos too. I wish I lived where you live, it looks like paradise.

salukulady
07-30-2009, 04:42 AM
Where's the uke?

NatalieLin6
07-30-2009, 06:55 AM
Where's the uke?

I still have it. I posted earlier that from the looks of the ukulele and the list that came with it, iamdanielle hasn't signed it yet, but she was added to the list of people to receive it that was posted earlier in this thread. I believe she is also in Michigan, so I could send it to her next. If not, just let me know where to send it.

sukie
07-30-2009, 07:51 AM
I still have it. I posted earlier that from the looks of the ukulele and the list that came with it, iamdanielle hasn't signed it yet, but she was added to the list of people to receive it that was posted earlier in this thread. I believe she is also in Michigan, so I could send it to her next. If not, just let me know where to send it.

If iamd.. could receive it , sign it and get it to Salukulady by Aug 9th that'd be great. If not, you probably should send it to Sally. We don't want to miss having Aldrine sign it when he is in CA. That's too good of an oppurtunity to miss. I want it back by September 26th for the Milwaukee Uke Fest so we can get signatures there and if iamd..hasn't signed it by then I will send it off to her.

NatalieLin6
07-30-2009, 08:22 AM
If iamd.. could receive it , sign it and get it to Salukulady by Aug 9th that'd be great. If not, you probably should send it to Sally. We don't want to miss having Aldrine sign it when he is in CA. That's too good of an oppurtunity to miss. I want it back by September 26th for the Milwaukee Uke Fest so we can get signatures there and if iamd..hasn't signed it by then I will send it off to her.

You're right, there probably wouldn't be enough time to send it to Danielle in Ann Arbor and then to CA by the 9th. I will message Salukulady to get her info and mail it out as soon as possible.

sukie
07-30-2009, 08:22 AM
You're right, there probably wouldn't be enough time to send it to Danielle in Ann Arbor and then to CA by the 9th. I will message Salukulady to get her info and mail it out as soon as possible.

Thanks! Your video was a lot of fun!

salukulady
08-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Hey Natalie,
Is it on it's way? And how did you send it, post office, ups, fedex? Just so I know who to watch for.
Sally

NatalieLin6
08-07-2009, 11:26 AM
The ukulele is on it's way to Sally in Huntington Beach. I sent it USPS and have pm'd her the details. Hope it gets there soon!

salukulady
08-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Whooo-Hooo! The uke has arrived! Just in time for Aldrine to sign it on Monday. The same mail delivered a postcard from Sukie in Door County!

NatalieLin6
08-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Awesome! I am so glad to hear it arrived already and Alderine can sign it. Can't wait to see your videos/photos!

sukie
08-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Whooo-Hooo! The uke has arrived! Just in time for Aldrine to sign it on Monday. The same mail delivered a postcard from Sukie in Door County!

Excellent! Have a great time tomorrow night. Or is it today?

salukulady
08-10-2009, 03:57 AM
It's today. Spent all day yesterday practicing with my band and setting up the performance location. Aldrine will arrive this afternoon and the show is tonight. Pray to the ukulele gods all goes well.

salukulady
08-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Aldrine signed the uke at the beach today. Ke leo taped it and it will be a few days before the vid is posted. He is the one driving Aldrine to San Diego for the next leg of his tour.

ke leo
08-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Here is the video of Aldrine signing the Sisterhood ukulele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67lIpC-ieY

sukie
08-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Excellent! This just keeps getting better all the time. Thanks, Sally.

salukulady
08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks ke leo. The video turned out great.

Sukie, should I send it directly back to you, or is there any sisters on the west coast that should get it first?

sukie
08-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Sally, I just have to, have to, have to, have it back by Sept 23rd. I leave for Milwaukee on the 25th of September. That leaves over a month to have someone else sign it and get it to me. Any West Coast takers?

Lori
08-20-2009, 05:19 AM
I am in West Los Angeles, between Santa Monica and Westwood. Salukulady– do you ever come up to this area? Maybe we could hand it off instead of shipping? And if there were any players in the SF Valley, I could pass it on to one of them.

–Lori

salukulady
08-20-2009, 05:23 AM
I am in West Los Angeles, between Santa Monica and Westwood. Salukulady– do you ever come up to this area? Maybe we could hand it off instead of shipping? And if there were any players in the SF Valley, I could pass it on to one of them.

–LoriI don't often travel your direction, but will be happy to ship it to you if you pm me your address.

Lori
08-21-2009, 05:02 AM
I don't often travel your direction, but will be happy to ship it to you if you pm me your address.
PM sent!

Any more Los Angeles area sisters? Come, on, I know you're out there.

I am planning on doing a little video with the uke, maybe doing a tourist type visit to Hollywood Walk of Fame. I think our uke would like to be photographed next to George Harrison's star. Perhaps a few others (any requests?). Maybe go to the Chinese Theater and look at footprints, etc. You know, in "Some Like it Hot" Marilyn Monroe was the ukulele player in the band.

–Lori

sukie
08-21-2009, 05:31 AM
Lori, I like your thinking! That sounds really fun.

Lori
08-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Is the uke traveling? Is it coming my way?

–Lori

salukulady
08-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Yes, it will be on it's way this week. I needed to acquire a new shipping box. The old one was thrashed from too many trips. I have also added a new feature. It would be nice if everyone included a postcard from their area. I'm putting one from HB in the zipper pocket.

Lori
09-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes, it will be on it's way this week. I needed to acquire a new shipping box. The old one was thrashed from too many trips. I have also added a new feature. It would be nice if everyone included a postcard from their area. I'm putting one from HB in the zipper pocket.

The Uke is in Los Angeles now. Anyone who wants to sign it while it's here, let me know. I hope to shoot video over the Labor Day weekend or early next week.

Where should it go next?

–Lori

salukulady
09-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Glad it arrived in one piece.

Lori
09-08-2009, 06:21 PM
I am working on the video of the uke's visit to Hollywood. Here are a few stills. I decided to sign the uke on George Harrison's star, just outside the entry to the Capitol Records Building.

Any more takers for the uke?

–Lori

iamdanielle
09-08-2009, 06:25 PM
I am working on the video of the uke's visit to Hollywood. Here are a few stills. I decided to sign the uke on George Harrison's star, just outside the entry to the Capitol Records Building.

Any more takers for the uke?

–Lori

Me me me!! I'm in Michigan.. Is that okay?

Lori
09-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Me me me!! I'm in Michigan.. Is that okay?

It's fine with me. I should be able to ship it out from here on Thursday. Parcel Post will take 7 days (to Ann Arbor). Is that real days or business days? That would make it arrive about the 18th? Sukie needs it by the 23rd, but she lives closer to you, so it might not take too long from there.

What do you think Sukie? There is always Priortity Mail (2 days), but it is twice the price. Maybe UPS would be better? Any ideas?

–Lori

sukie
09-09-2009, 02:57 AM
iamdanielle -- Are you going to Milwaukee Uke Fest? Did I read you are going? If so, the uke will be there.

Lori
09-09-2009, 07:35 PM
I would like to ship the uke Thursday, either to iamdanielle or sukie. Please PM me with your address.

–Lori

cocohonk
09-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Wow, Lori, that's awesome of you signing the uke on George. Love.

Lori
09-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Uke is traveling again... to Sukie!
While the uke was in Hollywood, she was photographed with Marilyn Monroe's footprints/ handprints, Harold Lloyd's footprints/ handprints, and at the "Walk of Fame" stars of Buster Keaton, Elvis, The Beatles, and John Lennon. The grand finale, of course, on George Harrison's star. It was a lot of fun to shoot. I had never been to the beginning of the HWoF before. Still editing. Needs music and VO. Will post video hopefully sometime next week.

–Lori

salukulady
09-11-2009, 06:19 AM
How cool Lori. Thank you for putting so much effort into this project. Can't wait to see your vid. The boys' ukes travels seem to have come to a grinding halt, and Deach is talking about joining the girls. (Not that this is a competition or anything, but we girls so ROCK!)

Lori
09-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Deach is welcome to join us! He can be an honorary Sister, or a Brother to all us sisters.:smileybounce:

–Lori

sukie
09-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Deach is welcome to join us! He can be an honorary Sister, or a Brother to all us sisters.:smileybounce:

–Lori

Honorary nothing! Have you seen some of his earlier videos? Does Red and Silky mean anything to you? If not, check it out. Actually I can't ever listen to Aldrine play it without laughing. On Aldrine and Rayan's new CD the first song has a bit in it about Red and Silky -- does the same thing to me. Or how about deach the waitress? He has full membership as far as I am concerned.

deach
09-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Count this souls sistah in!

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1302/4819541/17784501/373885131.jpg

picture courtesy of LisaXY980810239109

sukie
09-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Count this souls sistah in!

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1302/4819541/17784501/373885131.jpg

picture courtesy of LisaXY980810239109

My stomach hurts from laughter. Awesome!

Wanna sign the uke?

salukulady
09-11-2009, 09:52 AM
YES YES! Deach sign our uke!

sukie
09-16-2009, 11:58 AM
HEY LADIES AND DEACH --

The FedEx guy just left my house. The sisterhood uke is back (to me). It's looking fabulous. Lots of terrific signatures. Sally's postcard is cool. Lori added some LA bling. It's so fun to see all the places the uke has gone so far. Next up is Uke Fest in Milwaukee next weekend. We'll get more signatures and I'm hoping LisaXY will help film everything. I'm hoping Victoria Vox will consent to sign. :D

OOOHH, this is exciting.

lisaxy424
09-16-2009, 12:05 PM
...Next up is Uke Fest in Milwaukee next weekend. We'll get more signatures and I'm hoping LisaXY will help film everything...

You know it GURRRL! My camera doesn't leave my hand when it's uke fest time! ;)

sukie
09-28-2009, 08:54 AM
So..........

The Sisterhood Ukulele had a great weekend. She picked up 8, count 'em, 8 signatures. Some of them are our very own UUers -- HelloJodi and Ukulelezo. Hoosierhiver's wife, Tookta, and a budding ukulele player and the sister of UkuleleRob, Lynn M. Not only did we got those sigs, we got CELEBRITY signatures!!! Susan Nicholson of Frogwater, Lynn Hefferan of the Fabulous Heftones (and wife of Brian Hefferan), Leaping Liz Beloff, and -- drum roll please...........VICTORIA VOX!!!

LisaXy has video of the celebs and HelloJodi and UkuleleZo signing the uke. I have a photo of Lynn M. and Tookta after they signed it.

Next stop? Leesburg, Virginia so we can pick up some more celebrity signings. Eldrine and Rayon will be signing it. Our newest sistah, deach will give it a shine and we hope Rayan of UU will sign it also. If I've counted correctly, and it's a real possibility I haven't, we have 31 signatures so far.

Iamdanielle -- please contact deach via PM with your address if you would like it next.

2790 Lynn M. is on the left, Tookta on the right.

salukulady
09-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Yay, Sukie!

deach
10-07-2009, 03:16 AM
A couple more signatures!

Tina (Austin1 (http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/member.php?u=11402))
Christine (jeunejolie777 (http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/member.php?u=8581))

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1302/4819541/17784501/375565554.jpg

Kat (KatNaso (http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/member.php?u=5205))

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1302/4819541/17784501/375565540.jpg

Who's next? PM me your address.

sukie
10-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Thanks, deach! Thank you, ladies.

Hey, Lisa -- did the video turn out? Is it up somewhere?

faithtruthlove07
10-08-2009, 08:21 AM
If Deach wants to sign the uke, does he have to pm himself his own address to get on the list? :confused: hehe .. I'm sending in mine!

sukie
10-08-2009, 12:36 PM
If Deach wants to sign the uke, does he have to pm himself his own address to get on the list? :confused: hehe .. I'm sending in mine!
i'm hoping he was able to sign it before sending it to himself. he's resourceful, that one.

salukulady
10-08-2009, 01:54 PM
i'm hoping he was able to sign it before sending it to himself. he's resourceful, that one.Yeah, but extremely gorgeous people aren't always smart.

faithtruthlove07
10-17-2009, 03:17 AM
Ok silly me, I uploaded my video then forgot to post it on here. I was so super duper excited when I got this in the mail !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAg8x1v4BZU

So excited, in fact, that before I sent it off, I just had to do it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME3bo-Ium0M

deach
10-17-2009, 03:23 AM
The Sisterhood rocks!

The Brotherwho?

UkuleleHill
10-17-2009, 04:39 AM
faithtruthlove those vids were awesome :)

salukulady
10-17-2009, 04:40 AM
Ok silly me, I uploaded my video then forgot to post it on here. I was so super duper excited when I got this in the mail !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME3bo-Ium0M You have a great voice.

And yes Deach, we sisters do rock! So glad you joined us.

Lori
10-17-2009, 05:19 AM
I hope to post my Hollywood tour with the uke in the next few weeks. I was swamped with work, went on vacation, and was swamped again when I returned. Will have to work Sunday this week too. But should be finished with this job by early next week, and get back to finishing the Sisterhood vid.

–Lori

sukie
10-18-2009, 10:00 AM
yea ladies!!!

faitht.l. -- wonderful videos.

lori -- i can't wait.

what happened to the guys?

ukecantdothat
10-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks for starting this thread, Heather. I had just looked to start our own thread and YEA, you already had! I think first we need to decide what will be done with the uke in the end. Raising $$$ for ukes4kids is great if ukes4kids was actually up and running. How about we just donate the uke to the teacher in L.A. He could keep it or pass it onto a well deserving young female uke player next year at school. That would simplify the idea, And perhaps, to save on shipping cost keep this first traveling uke in the continental U.S. Also, if we're successful with this one, we could always do it again and broaden our shipping area next time. Just some thoughts.....

Oh, and.....boys are icky...throw coconuts at them! (sorry, guys!):p
You're right, Sally. We boys are icky! Keep lobbing the big nuts!

ukulelezo
10-18-2009, 02:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME3bo-Ium0M

Those videos were awesome!

Sukie - I can't believe that I didn't actually play the uke when I signed it! D'oh!

faithtruthlove07
10-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you!!

Those go to UkuleleHill, Salukulady, Sukie, and UkuleleZo, respectively :P I didn't want to Multi-quote 4 different posts and take up the whole screen ;)

I appreciate it!

The S.T.U. was a great idea!

iamdanielle
10-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey guys! The sisterhood uke is now in my possession. This is officially one of the coolest things I have ever been involved with! I love all of the notes and postcards and other odds and ends. I see there's a lot of extra ribbon in a small plastic bag in here... Is that for us to take a piece of? Please tell me if it's not, I don't want to mess anything up!

Lori
10-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey guys! The sisterhood uke is now in my possession. This is officially one of the coolest things I have ever been involved with! I love all of the notes and postcards and other odds and ends. I see there's a lot of extra ribbon in a small plastic bag in here... Is that for us to take a piece of? Please tell me if it's not, I don't want to mess anything up!
I put the ribbon in there, in case the final owner wanted to accessorize their hair or whatever. I am sure there is plenty in there if you want to snip a few pieces for yourself.

–Lori

faithtruthlove07
10-20-2009, 02:58 AM
Hey guys! The sisterhood uke is now in my possession. This is officially one of the coolest things I have ever been involved with! I love all of the notes and postcards and other odds and ends.

I felt exactly the same way :) isn't it great haha.

uketreehugger
10-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh ladyfriends.

this is truly beautiful.
can't wait to hear the music you create with that gem, danielle.

hook this sister up with the traveling uke.

love the beauty all you women possess.

NatalieLin6
10-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Oh ladyfriends.

this is truly beautiful.
can't wait to hear the music you create with that gem, danielle.

hook this sister up with the traveling uke.

love the beauty all you women possess.
Aly, you rock my world!!!

sukie
11-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Has anyone seen the Sisterhood ukulele lately? Where is it? Inquiring minds would like to know.

iamdanielle
11-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Has anyone seen the Sisterhood ukulele lately? Where is it? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Hey Sukie, I am sending it to Aly in Nebraska today! I didn't know where to send it for a long time, that's why it took so long. I'm sorry!

sukie
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey Sukie, I am sending it to Aly in Nebraska today! I didn't know where to send it for a long time, that's why it took so long. I'm sorry!

Oh! No biggie at all. I was just wondering. No need to apologize. I was just hoping it hadn't gotten lost or something.

ANYONE ELSE WANT IT???

iamdanielle
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
The uke is en route to Omaha as we speak. Should arrive there next monday due to the holiday. :)

uketreehugger
12-05-2009, 12:49 PM
The uke is en route to Omaha as we speak. Should arrive there next monday due to the holiday. :)

alright y'all.. ive got the treasured uke. its beautiful and everything i could ask for.

i have an idea as to what i want to do for it..
i am planning on recording 'single ladies' and i am enlisting the help from all the sistas who had this uke..

in my head its a really good idea.. if we all could do a part of the dance and i can put it together.. i think it would be awesome..

if anyone is interested send me a message and we can try to figure something out!!

love you ladies!!!

xoxoxox

deach
01-14-2010, 08:01 AM

salukulady
01-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Deach just wants to see Aly dace in a black leotard...........

dianalele
01-14-2010, 05:44 PM
this is sooo cool!

Has the ukulele seen New York yet?

Lori
02-23-2010, 06:24 AM
Well, I finally posted my video of the Sisterhood Traveling Ukulele's visit to Hollywood Walk of Fame and The Capitol Records building. Sorry it took so long to get finished. My main problem was my horrible performance skills on the ukulele for the soundtrack. It is still very flawed, but it is done for now. :wallbash: I can't believe I shot this last Labor Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjHwzUBdz6I

I really have to practice more. :music:

So, where in the world is the little traveler now? When will it go on auction?

–Lori

CountryMouse
02-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Well, I finally posted my video of the Sisterhood Traveling Ukulele's visit to Hollywood Walk of Fame and The Capitol Records building. Sorry it took so long to get finished. My main problem was my horrible performance skills on the ukulele for the soundtrack. It is still very flawed, but it is done for now. :wallbash: I can't believe I shot this last Labor Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjHwzUBdz6I

I really have to practice more. :music:

So, where in the world is the little traveler now? When will it go on auction?

–Lori

Flawed? Flawed? What are you talking about, lady?! It is a GREAT video, and some really outstanding playing and picking!

CountryMouse

sukie
02-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Lori -- that was great. I really enjoyed seeing the LA travels. Your playing was great.

Dianalele: It really doesn't matter where the ukulele has been. Would you like it? All we need to do is find it. I'll start a thread asking for it.

CountryMouse
02-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Lori -- that was great. I really enjoyed seeing the LA travels. Your playing was great.

Dianalele: It really doesn't matter where the ukulele has been. Would you like it? All we need to do is find it. I'll start a thread asking for it.

I didn't see another thread yet. I think I might like to sign it, although I haven't been playing that long (6 months on the 25th!). What do you sign with? It looks like a Sharpie that is indelible/non-washable. Also, I hope I wouldn't need a new box to ship it in, because I don't think I have a spare ukulele box.

I would love to see it, hold it, play it, with all those AWESOME signatures on it!

CountryMouse, who just re-read this entire thread!

Kanaka916
02-23-2010, 12:09 PM
I didn't see another thread yet. I think I might like to sign it, although I haven't been playing that long (6 months on the 25th!). What do you sign with? It looks like a Sharpie that is indelible/non-washable. Also, I hope I wouldn't need a new box to ship it in, because I don't think I have a spare ukulele box.

I would love to see it, hold it, play it, with all those AWESOME signatures on it!

CountryMouse, who just re-read this entire thread!
Here's that thread (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?27078) sukie started about the whereabouts of the Sisterhood Uke.

salukulady
02-23-2010, 12:10 PM

Dianalele: It really doesn't matter where the ukulele has been. Would you like it? All we need to do is find it. I'll start a thread asking for it.So Sukie doesn't know where the uke is? I was hoping it might make it to UWC this year for one last hurrah. Then it's time to auction the thing off.

CountryMouse
02-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Here's that thread (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?27078) sukie started about the whereabouts of the Sisterhood Uke.

Thanks much! :)

CountryMouse

sukie
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM
So Sukie doesn't know where the uke is? I was hoping it might make it to UWC this year for one last hurrah. Then it's time to auction the thing off.

I'm hoping the same thing! Last I remember it was with Faithtruelove. The search starts.

deach
04-01-2010, 07:49 AM
http://www.breaktaker.com/albums/pictures/signs/Bump.jpg

sukie
04-01-2010, 07:53 AM
http://www.breaktaker.com/albums/pictures/signs/Bump.jpg

Thank you!

WHERE IS THE SISTERHOOD UKULELE?

somebody please fess up. We NEED it for UWC.

Skitzic
04-01-2010, 08:22 AM
I hope it's found in time...

This was a really cool idea! Chicks rock.

sukie
04-04-2010, 04:45 AM
We know where it is! It'll make it to UWC. Excellent!

Lori
04-04-2010, 05:48 AM
We know where it is! It'll make it to UWC. Excellent!
That's great news! It must be pretty full of signatures by now.

–Lori

Skitzic
04-04-2010, 09:04 AM
It would be nice to see some pics of it!

Lori
07-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Did the Sisterhood Uke make it to UWC?? We can't just let this traveling uke disappear! Time to bump the thread!

–Lori

freshthreat
07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
What ever happened to the Sisterhood uke?!

salukulady
07-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Sukies got it back with her.......it's safe.

Lori
07-17-2010, 09:20 AM
So, what's next? Can we see photos? Will it go up for auction? Is it still traveling?
–Lori

sukie
10-07-2010, 08:02 AM
ATTENTION LADIES:

I still have the Sisterhood ukulele at my house. I had talked to Nuke Doc about auctioning off the Brotherhood and Sisterhood ukuleles together. Nuke DOc isn't around anymore, and I think the Brotherhood ukuleles have dropped off the face of the Earth. And well, quite frankly, I'm not getting anything done with ours either. But I would like to.

The Sisterhood ukulele traveled for a year (from UWC '09 to UWC '10) and it received some great signatures. What shall we do? Can anyone help with an auction? What type of charity should we give the proceeds to? Even though Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy is mainly a young man's disease, I have a fondness for it due to UU's own Captain Google and the UU CD. But what ideas do you people have?

I sure could use some help with this. Anybody?

seeso
10-07-2010, 09:18 AM
ATTENTION LADIES:

I still have the Sisterhood ukulele at my house. I had talked to Nuke Doc about auctioning off the Brotherhood and Sisterhood ukuleles together. Nuke DOc isn't around anymore, and I think the Brotherhood ukuleles have dropped off the face of the Earth. And well, quite frankly, I'm not getting anything done with ours either. But I would like to.

The Sisterhood ukulele traveled for a year (from UWC '09 to UWC '10) and it received some great signatures. What shall we do? Can anyone help with an auction? What type of charity should we give the proceeds to? Even though Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy is mainly a young man's disease, I have a fondness for it due to UU's own Captain Google and the UU CD. But what ideas do you people have?

I sure could use some help with this. Anybody?

One of the Brotherhood ukuleles is in Minneapolis. GX9901 should have it. It's the one that Dominator donated. Last I heard of the original Brotherhood ukuleles, they were in California. Last year, Fred brought them down to Huntington Beach for them to get signed by Aldrine. They were supposed to go to NukeDOC right after that in San Diego.

salukulady
10-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I have no idea how to auction it off. I guess you could put it on ebay and announce it here and see what happens. I agree the Duchenne's MD is appropriate for a UU uke, (or since it's a girl uke maybe breast cancer, but that already gets a lot of attention).

It would prob. help to move it if you had a list of all the sigs on it. At least the famous peeps.

sukie
10-07-2010, 01:41 PM
One of the Brotherhood ukuleles is in Minneapolis. GX9901 should have it. It's the one that Dominator donated. Last I heard of the original Brotherhood ukuleles, they were in California. Last year, Fred brought them down to Huntington Beach for them to get signed by Aldrine. They were supposed to go to NukeDOC right after that in San Diego.

Thanks, Seeso. GX9901 is in my area. I'll try to get ahold of Nuke Doc. If he's not on here I bet I could go to the Almost Islanders web site. This is good news.