The SISTERHOOD of The Traveling Ukulele

lovemissheather

Reaction score
alright, since the boys were becoming embarassed by our amazing planning skills and us knocking off the brotherhood... why don't we start a thread.

i could get the uke, we could recruit the musicians, get it planned, and get it started.

and like i mentioned previously, we could auction it and let the proceeds go towards U4K.

:)

I wish I could meaningfully participate, but shipping a uke from Finland is hella expensive. It cost over €100 (well well well over $100) just to ship a Risa concert stick. It has to do with the size of the box and how they assume would be in such a box must weigh 5 megatons. There's no difference between size of box and weight of box. Well there is, but there really isn't. :(

I wish I could meaningfully participate, but shipping a uke from Finland is hella expensive. It cost over €100 (well well well over $100) just to ship a Risa concert stick. It has to do with the size of the box and how they assume would be in such a box must weigh 5 megatons. There's no difference between size of box and weight of box. Well there is, but there really isn't. :(

that is such a bummer. maybe if we get the u4k stuff together early, we can get the non-profit postal prices. i'm not sure how much cheaper it would be for you, but it might help...

then again, that leads to a whole different topic.
we still have a lot of work to do with that.

maybe we could find a way, though. maybe...

Thanks for starting this thread, Heather. I had just looked to start our own thread and YEA, you already had! I think first we need to decide what will be done with the uke in the end. Raising $$$ for ukes4kids is great if ukes4kids was actually up and running. How about we just donate the uke to the teacher in L.A. He could keep it or pass it onto a well deserving young female uke player next year at school. That would simplify the idea, And perhaps, to save on shipping cost keep this first traveling uke in the continental U.S. Also, if we're successful with this one, we could always do it again and broaden our shipping area next time. Just some thoughts.....

Oh, and.....boys are icky...throw coconuts at them! (sorry, guys!):p

that's a GREAT idea :) and it makes it so we can get started without finishing up other projects currently in the making.

and yes m'am they are. :D bahaha

For profit, not for profit, there's no distinction in Finland. I can only watch from the sidelines, but since this is a sisterhood thread, I wanted to represent with some solidarity. :D

I like the idea of donating to a student! Who best to help out. I am only a beginner, but would more than love to participate in this little project if that was cool with ya'll! :rock: Just let me know.

*throws a coconut* Bwhahahahhaha

Last edited:
Mmmmmm.... coconuts.... drool...

You guys should auction it off on eBay and have the proceeds go to a charity that you all can agree upon.

Last edited:
Mmmmmm.... coconuts.... drool...

You guys should auction it off on eBay and have the proceeds go to a charity that you all can agree upon.

excellent idea. i think the money auctioned would be more helpful than having the uke for one of the kids. though, a uke for one of the kids would still be special.

the cool thing is, we can do this more than once.
so there are lots and lots of options.

:)

deach, get the heck outta here *throws three coconuts*:nana:

You think it'll get a decent amount on ebay? How about auctioning it off to current UU members? How cool would it be for a UU member to get the final uke with all the sisterhood sigs? :D

Either here or ebay, I'd bid!!!!!!

Either here or ebay, I'd bid!!!!!!

woohoo!! :) either way works for me, i think if we promoted it via youtube and UU... we could definitely get some good bids... whether it was on here or on ebay... or any other auction site!

i'm heading out in a bit to go instrument shopping (have to feed the addiction).. i'm going to see if i can find a cheap little uke to pass around for this. :D

:music:

we gotta start recruiting our sista's for this project!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
woohoo!! :) either way works for me, i think if we promoted it via youtube and UU... we could definitely get some good bids... whether it was on here or on ebay... or any other auction site!

i'm heading out in a bit to go instrument shopping (have to feed the addiction).. i'm going to see if i can find a cheap little uke to pass around for this. :D

:music:

we gotta start recruiting our sista's for this project!!!!!!!!!

WOOO! can you add the updates to the first post? :)

Top Bottom