I love the ujulele but...

ukejack82

Reaction score
Subject should have been I love the ukulele but...

I am finding it impossible to find anyone willing and able to offer instruction on the instrument where I live. I have had a couple of leads but they fell through for different reasons. It seems if I wanted to find instruction on the guitar I would trip over people willing to offer lessons. But when it comes to the ukulele, there seems to be no options.

Don't get me wrong, there are tons of wonderful lessons and help on the internet but that is all one-way instruction. I really need someone to listen to me and help guide me in the areas that need improving.

Frustrated here in Houston.

There are several on here that teach over skype.. Maybe they will pop up and contact you here... Is there a meet up? I have learned a lot just going to the monthly meetup. I have had several lessons, but mostly teaching myself...

good luck. So sorry you are frustrated...

If you have skype there are a number of people who offer one-on-one instruction over the net.

Try (Matt) The Jumping Flea or Jim D'ville

Thanks for the Skype suggestions. Currently I run Linux at home and I just checked the Skype web site and it appears that it is designed for Windows and Mac. I may have to change systems at home or figure out how to run Skype from my machine. It appears that is the only option for me at this time. Thanks again.

which distribution of Linux have you got? Many of them simply have skype waiting to be installed direct from their package manager

To be perfectly honest, a real guitar teacher who knows theory, scales, chord structure, etc. can easily pick up a ukulele and teach the instrument.

Unfortuantelyt the typical guitar teacher that teches power chords and tabs to 12 year olds is probably marginal anyway.

You may have to keep making phone calls, and getting potential contacts, hopefully you will find someone.

John

Top Bottom