Jake at Chicago...

Chap

Reaction score
Everyone talks about how incredible he is, but I just don't see it, I...

No, no I'm joking....really, it was incredible. Great show, great opening act, and Jake is mind-boggling with what he can make that uke do.

But y'know what really impressed me was how nice he was. And despite it being his second show of the night, and well after midnight, he was in the lobby after the show, signing autographs, shaking hands, and just chatting with fans.

Don't miss the show if it gets near you, folks.

I totally agree. I attended the 10:00 performance and we enjoyed every minute of it. The acoustics in that theatre were wonderful--so wonderful in fact that he played the last song with no mic!

I agree with chap's assessment of Jake's friendliness. He is tops all the way round!

Gee, you guys should have planned to have a met and talked after the show, and maybe played together some songs on your ukes...sounded like fun....

Nice to have met you, Chap. Great show.

You too, Seeso!

It was a great show. I seemed to alternate between being amazed at what he was doing (and how fast he was doing it), and having no clue at all what he was doing, just sitting there slack-jawed. :p

I would have stayed later, but thanks to my job schedule, that was *really* late for me. I should have gone to the CHUG beforehand, but I had already planned dinner at the Fiddlehead with a couple of my uke classmates. (The food was really good by the way)

-Chap

I should have expected it but did not realize so many UUers were in attendance. Maybe we need standard issue bandanas or something to identify each other in public ;-)

I was wearing my UU shirt!

I don't like bandanas all that much, but I'd be all over a UU Fez!

I've met him a few times after shows and he really is one of the nicest people i've ever met.

The Old Town School is one of the best things about Chicago. I wish I lived closer. I'd be there all the time.

Isn't it? I have a voice class there every sunday, an hour break for some great food (and possibly a beer) at the Fiddlehead, then back for my uke class. Great place.

If I could somehow simultaneously live next door to the Old Town School, the Music Box Theater, and a Lou Malnati's, I'd never leave my neighborhood!

Isn't it? I have a voice class there every sunday, an hour break for some great food (and possibly a beer) at the Fiddlehead, then back for my uke class. Great place.

Where's the fiddlehead. Daily Bar was pretty good but a bit noisy at least for a group.

It's across the street from the Daily. in the direction away from the school. Great place. Great food and a gazillion beers available. It gets noisy there too on Saturday nights, but it's great on a sunday afternoon.

Top Bottom