Mad props for JT_Ukes

bassfiddlesteve

Reaction score
We just wrapped up the Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway today and I want to send a special thanks to UU regular JT_Ukes who served on the event planning committee. I don't mean to ignore the hard work that others put in, but JT worked his butt off to help put this great festival together. He designed the cool event passes (including the handy chord chart), created the concert & luau tickets, designed the ads for the sponsors and did all of the layout work for our program & song book that was a big hit with the attendees. He made sure everything was ready for registration, did the layout for the vendor area and made sure the vendors had everything they needed to display their wares. During the event, he was busy working the tables and selling raffle tickets. He probably did a thousand other things that I can't remember because I'm a bit fried (as I'm sure he is). He also took time away from his family to attend the planning meetings and at the end of the event all he asked for in return is a new ink cartridge. I wish he had won one of the nice raffle prizes for all of the time and energy he put in. I can't influence the raffle outcomes, but I can take a few minutes to thank JT for making our first ukulele festival a success.:rock:

- Steve

Let's not forget that he also posted pix from the event on his twitter feed, keeping those of us who desperately wanted to be there, but couldn't be, appraised on how it was going.

I'm so happy it was a success. Congrats to everyone!

I'll be there next year. No question.

Thanks Steve!

But I just did it cause I'm too cheap to buy a ticket.:)

Seriously though, Awesome weekend! Form the performers, (BTW, The Barnkickers kicked butt all weekend on and off stage!) The Vendors, ( Yeah Mim, Hoosierhiver and UkeRepublic Mike, you know I'm talking about you!) and attendees, ( saw many rockin' UU shirts including Khrome!).

The whole committee worked together using our different talents to make it work as well as it did. and then
the volunteers all worked together to make it run as smooth as it could have.

Thanks again Steve for all the work you did! You are a master organizer, and you play a mean Ukulele!

Here's to next year running as smoothly!

JT

I AGREE! Everything was WONDERFUL and anything that came up, JT handled professionally and quickly. This was my first large festival so I had no clue what I was doing and totally overpacked and needed so much help (I have learned my lesson now... I think) and he was always there to help me. I was thinking about how tired I was on the way home and then I realized I do not think I ever saw JT stop each day until the last performance was done for the day and at that he was still up and down making sure everything was getting done! And then, even when he could rest, he would make sure I did not need any help! Heck, he even followed me to the gas station because my battery kept needing to get jumped to make sure I got on my way safely! Seriously... he is like my ukulele big brother now!

Seriously both of you... the whole thing was AMAZING and SO well done! And it really was the best uke fest to figure out what in the heck I am doing because I had the best support! And then of course it is fun hangin' out with all my UU peeps!

Thanks Mim and Mike, (and Mike)

I'll be needing an Eleuke (you know the one Mim, keep an eye out for that perfect 2nd :) (man I wanted that one!!) and a Mainland (you know the one Mike, keep an eye out for that perfect 2nd :) (man I wanted that one!!) in my future!

Sure I copied and pasted, but its true on both counts!

Looking forward to UWC!!!

(P.S. it was fun jumping Mim all weekend :) )

Last edited:
Virtual Champagne for Mr JT! POP!!!! This guy was always on the move and so hospitable. Even brought cold refreshing beverages from his home! What a guy! Lot taller than I'd imagined too. He may be 7 or 8 feet so don't mess wit em!
Very smooth fest and I would suggest you all attend if you like a constant steady flow of workshops, entertainment and great quality people.

Hooray por JT!!!

Wow great job, JT! I wouldn't have guessed you did so much - you didn't look stressed at all! :)

and attendees, ( saw many rockin' UU shirts including Khrome!).

I can't tell you how great it was to meet all of you! Paul (angelopb) and I really enjoyed hanging out with everyone after the concert on Saturday. I'm hope to make it to UWC this year.

PS - Paul will upload the group pic as soon as he gets his camera figured out. It kind of stopped working the next day. :(

Top Bottom