FS: Kanilea

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
So most of you have probably seen me around with my Kanile'a, with all the drama.

The last few weeks has really put me off the ukulele passion, and to be honest, I'm happy sticking with my Lanikai Lu-21T, and just play with that. My career in the defence force is looking more and more real each day too.

Ukulele:
- Tenor size ukulele
- Satin finish
- Aquila strings
- Active fishman pickup
uhh... what else?
- Hardcase also !

I'm not sure how much, I'm not really too concerned, just PM if you like to find out more, shipping isn't a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldHd6nX5cUI

here is a sound sample of what it sounds like, it's less than one month old, and in perfect condition, even my Lanikai from 3 years back is in perfect condition ! post pictures per request?

etc etc.... Lemme know, if you don't want to buy it but comment here anyway, feel free ! I haven't got an amp to plug it into though, not sure if that makes anything better?: S

Matt, ya gotta include a price . . .

Aloha Matt,
Sorry it is not working out for you.....and you're taking a 25% loss in a month if sold...I feel for you buddy....but I understand,
everyday I play my first ukulele and enjoy it very much,,,,which I had for many years....sometimes you just like the simple sounds...
but I'm glad you realized that before buying more expensive ukes...it was an expensive lesson, but could have been much worse..
"Keep on strumming them strings" MM Stan..

Last edited:
hey Matt

sorry to see you giving up the Kanilea after such a short time with it...especially after all the stuff you went through...oh well, I guess some extra cash will come in handy around Christmas and down the track you might rethink and go again with something similar...but it's good you're able to prioritize things with the career and nothing wrong with your Lanikai either, eh? For me, I have some expensive ukes but, like Stan, often find myself getting as much pleasure out of the cheaper ones that I'm less precious with...go figure...hope you sell it nice and quick so you can close the book on this whole chapter mate. Cheers. eugene

Sorry to hear you are selling your new Kanilea. I can sympathize with you. I bought a top on the line Godin sight unseen new from the factory about ten years ago and it wasn't cheap.

Had a high spot on the neck that would buzz, pickups were too weak, etc. I paid to have the neck work done because the Mfg wouldn't do anything. I hated that guitar for such a long time. Every time I picked it up I would critique it. It was never be good enough.

I has taken me almost all of those ten years to get over my frustration and now I actually enjoy playing it.

John

PM Sent, How much is that in US currency?

true. bump....... nagotiableeee

Maybe you could edit your first post in this thread? In the post you seem a little unconcerned ("I'm not sure how much, I'm not really too concerned") about whether you actually do sell the uke, and people may not read further to see that you're serious enough to bump the thread a few times. Also, I think it might help to list a price in the first post (even if your price is negotiable -- it helps for people to know what price neighborhood you're in) and to add some photos (for people who don't want to watch the YouTube video, or who would like to see a few close-up views of the uke's body parts. Just a few suggestions.

Maybe you could edit your first post in this thread? In the post you seem a little unconcerned ("I'm not sure how much, I'm not really too concerned") about whether you actually do sell the uke, and people may not read further to see that you're serious enough to bump the thread a few times. Also, I think it might help to list a price in the first post (even if your price is negotiable -- it helps for people to know what price neighborhood you're in) and to add some photos (for people who don't want to watch the YouTube video, or who would like to see a few close-up views of the uke's body parts. Just a few suggestions.

:agree: totally with mds725.

If it were me I'd repost the ukulele with stronger and clearer language. Gotta have pictures. Gotta have a set price mate. Otherwise people not gonna take you seriously. In my opinion, many are likely hesitant given the whole drama that went on over your Kanilea: damaged goods brother Matt. You gotta try and sell it to the UU crowd...give us a reason to buy it. Start a new thread and take a more positive angle. Again, just my 2 cents...

Top Bottom