Debating a new Uke

DanTelles

Reaction score
So I've been playing my Rogue Soprano for quite a while but I really want a Tenor. So after looking around the one I really like is a Lanikai. What do you professionals think of this model, It's a Tenor with a black finish, 3 Band EQ, Acoustic/Electric.

This is my current.

RogueUkulele.jpg

This is the Lanikai. It's $150

lanikai-lu21teq-bk.jpg

theres a review for this ukulele thanks to ukulele junkie. ill get link... ok i cant find the link but it sounds really good, looks really good also. Ame just won one recently.

im assuming its the same ukulele. Better leave it to those 2. BUt what i have heard of them, they sound really good :)

Ame just won one recently
I am pretty sure the contest uke was a black Kala tenor, and that would also be the uke UJ reviewed here. Nevertheless, if the TP does a search for "Lanikai" on these forums he/she'll find that they are considered fine budget-friendly ukuleles. Another tip: check Youtube for "Lanikai Tenor" to hear the sound for yourself.
The UU review section only has a sop and a concert review at the moment, but I believe certain very *cough* prominent members of UU play one of those, so... :cool:

Last edited:
Alright thanks a lot guys!
I'll look around and see what I can find, but from what I've heard Lanikai's are quite nice. :)
Appreciated!

i have that uke, i upgraded from a crappy soprano - much like yours - to it like 2 years ago and it was the perfect upgrade. made me fall properly in love with the uke.

like fair play its not the best sound, but great for the money. its hot, babe magnet...it has electronics. and its sturdy as hell ive dropped guitars on it, everything and no serious damage! its now my low g uke. good times!

u wont regret it!

Top Bottom