D'addario strings, J71's or T2's for Tenor

monty

Reaction score
Hey lords and ladies,
I know theres alot of threads regarding strings already, I just thought i'd see people's opinion on the diff between T2's and the J71's. I have absolutely no idea, never used D'addario strings, only used Aquilla's in fact!

I like strings to not sound dull, have a warmness to it, yet not be too soft either. Hope that helps :)

I've only used J71s, I have them on my Mainland Tenor and they sound great. IMHO Aquillas have a brighter harsher sound than the J71s, which to me sound a lot mellower and smoother to the touch. I'm not saying I dislike Aquillas as I use them on my concert.

Ah, i already got them strung on when i bought this uke from Nuprin. You might wanna shoot 'wickedwahine11' a PM, she ordered a set in the past months or so.

cheers lexxy, your a wealth of info :) hows that beautiful koaloha going for you?? I'm about to get my custom, i'm soooo excited!

It's going awesome mate! sounds like a dream. aesthetics wise, even better! koa grain is just awesome, and the crown bridge, even better! (Should probably upload a video sometime soon eh?)

When you getting your custom?

Allen is spending this week taking the strings on/off, working on the action slowly to get it as low as possible while maintaining perfect playability and intonation... This uke is going to be a dream and a half :)

Ahh. What strings you using on em? Decided yet? :p

Yea i saw your uke, it really is a dream and a half. heh.
Btw, how much did you pay for it? (Shoot me a PM if you're not comfy with telling the price out here)

Top Bottom