Solid body electric ukes, yay or nay?

• yay

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • nay

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

vacuousnacho

Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys think. I've heard that some people think that electric ukes are some sort of abomination. I can kinda see both sides of it, but I have to go with yay to solid body electric ukes. I mean, ukuleles are just plain amazing the way they are, but what's wrong with something different? I've never heard anyone hate on the electric guitar, and I have to admit, having a stratocaster style electric uke would would pretty bad ass.

What do ya'll think?

I don't see any playable instrument being an abomination. I know there are purists who find solid bodies to be cringe-worthy, but you won't find too many 'round here. I wouldn't want one as my sole instrument, but they do have a place. I have a cigar box uke that I built and left the sound hole out of it just so it would be quiet enough to not bother everybody in the house if I'm messin' around late at night. I also like the Eleuke's headphone/mp3 jacks for practicing - definite bucket list item - right after the custom Moore Bettah double-neck...

I agree. If it makes music, it should exist.

i just bought my electric uke not too long ago. i like to play it when i have to be quiet or dont want someone to hear me. however when it come to a nice crisp acoustic sound, no amp (no matter how expensive) will ever match that natural acoustic sond. in my opinion.

For me, it's almost the other way around.
I like solid body electric ukuleles better than acoustic ukuleles.

I don't hate either. I just prefer one for my playing style, etc~

personal prefference i think is the key, i preffer the acoustic uke myself. It just seems more ukulele like, but i wouldn't be adverse to having a go on solid body one, but when i think of a stringed strummy instrument being electric, i instantly think of whacking some distortion on to it (curse my heavy metal guitar playing years).. So for me i preffer the nice orginal ukulele clean acoustic sound.. Like i said its down to personal preffernce..
As long your enjoying it and liking the sound yourself then go with it :)
Keep on strummin

Nothing wrong with having both! They each have their own very different use. I own both styles and use them for diffferent applications. Soild bodies are great when playing in bands with a lot of stage volume because you don't have to worry about feedback!

The Eleuke is just one more instrument in the arsenal. I like to make sounds, and I have a lot of different ukes for making different kinds.

But you don't need soundproofing to get a clean recording of an electric. :D

Top Bottom