Famous Ukulele players - request for HELP

bazmaz

Reaction score
Hi folks

My blog has now published 6 editions of "Famous Ukulele players", and I am running out of new ideas.

The idea behind the posts was to show to new comers who are considering the uke just what a wide spread of players it has - I mean - who knew - Neil Armstrong?

Plus on the cool factor we have people like the Beatles (obviously) but also Bruce Springsteen, Steven Tyler, Elvis Costello and Joe Strummer

Past editions are here http://gotaukulele.blogspot.com/search/label/famous

If anyone has any pictures of other famous players that I havent included, please get in touch!

(ps - when I say famous, I mean people you wouldnt necessarily associate with the uke - not looking for pictures of Jake - as fab as he is)

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks guys - got eddie for next edition, already got William H Macey, sorry

Thats the spirit though

I hear tell that Griff Rhys Jones (British tv bloke) plays, but cant find a picture.

Holy grail of cool would be finding somebody like Bob Marley with a uke

Warren Buffett ?

Last edited:
Yep - he is coming next edition

ooooh! How good was William H. Macy :rofl::biglaugh:hahahahaha....made me laugh out loud. Many thanks for posting Tio!!!

That was pretty good, I must say.. I laughed out loud myself!! Too funny to roast his co-stars on Oprah... Was probably fun to film that
movie too!

I didn't notice this fellow in the line up ?? One of the greatest songs for the ukulele i think..
Brian May from queen and his ukulele banjo, which as he says is neither a ukulele or a banjo, so i dont know if this counts.. But to me its a ukulele orientented enough, by which i mean i play this on my uke exactly the same way :)

Keep on strummin

Yep... I was going to suggest Brian May, too!

The Brian May call is superb- cant believe I missed it thus far. Thanks!

Or if your not only looking at musicians. William H Macy.

He's a woodturner too. He did an interview with Finewoodworking Mag. in the last year or so.

He's a woodturner too. He did an interview with Finewoodworking Mag. in the last year or so.

Wow. I knew he played ukulele (although I was surprised when I originally learned it)... is there anything he CAN'T do????

Yes it is Chris ;)
Um- I guess my head goes straight to the old stuff usually, but shouldn't George Formby, Roy Schmeck and Cliff Edwards be on there?
Another lesser known oldie- Tessie O'Shea (every bit the banjo Uke player George was)

Greg Hawkes (of the Cars- oh I am dating myself now)

and some silly ones-
Tony Danza...was he an actor? Not by the strict definition
Tony+Danza+Prepares+Italian+Feast+Cast+Producers+7  dWvujOSN5dl.jpg

Top Bottom