New Uke day! :)

georgio

Reaction score
It came highly recommend and now I know why. My Mainland Concert mahogany in gloss arrived today and I am pleased with every aspect of it thus far. Thanks to all who steered me in this direction. Here's some attached cell phone pics...

Attachments

• uke4.jpg
    uke4.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 66
  • uke3.jpg
    uke3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 52
  • uke1.jpg
    uke1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 47
  • uke2.jpg
    uke2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 42
Congrats on your new Mainland. I love my Mainland Mahogany Tenor in gloss.

Awesome, thanks for the pics!
DAP

Its a beauty - wow the wood on the back is lovely

You like it? Sounds sweet doesnt it?

My tip - I went through a lot of string tests on the Mainland and actually think the Aquilas are a bit overkill (in fact I think Aquilas are a bit overkill on a lot of nice ukes, but their name and constant talk about them keeps them popular)

I settled on a string type that I dont like on any other uke, but they really chime on my Mainland - Martin Flourocarbons (make sure they are flouros) - worth a few bucks for you to test also? Would be interested in your opinion. Worth BM's came a close second.

Anyways - you can now sleep soundly knowing you have a genuinely decent ukulele. Oh, and welcome to Team Mainland - purchasing this automatically joined you up like it or not!!

Last edited:
Congrats! Nice uke!

That's a nicely figured piece of mahogany on the back! Mainlands are certainly elegant ukuleles. Congratulations.

Its a beauty - wow the wood on the back is lovely

You like it? Sounds sweet doesnt it?

My tip - I went through a lot of string tests on the Mainland and actually think the Aquilas are a bit overkill (in fact I think Aquilas are a bit overkill on a lot of nice ukes, but their name and constant talk about them keeps them popular)

I settled on a string type that I dont like on any other uke, but they really chime on my Mainland - Martin Flourocarbons (make sure they are flouros) - worth a few bucks for you to test also? Would be interested in your opinion. Worth BM's came a close second.

Anyways - you can now sleep soundly knowing you have a genuinely decent ukulele. Oh, and welcome to Team Mainland - purchasing this automatically joined you up like it or not!!

Do you have a part number for these Martin Flouros?

Aloah Georgoi,
Congrats...Awesome ukulele...beautiful mainland..Have Fun and Enjoy!! "Keep Strumming them strings" MM Stan....

Congrats! a beauty

Hi georgio

lovely ukulele mate, great choice!!! very easy on the eyes, and I bet just as easy on the ears too...

enjoy it brother. eugene

Thank you all for the kind words. Right now strumming a few chords is all I can do, I look forward to the future here and am looking for a good teacher in my area.

Georgio

Top Bottom