FS: Lanikai LK-1s soprano

NatalieS

Reaction score
<SOLD!>

Please note: I'm selling this uke cheap because it has several issues.

Up for sale is a Lanikai LK-1s solid koa soprano uke. These were made by the Kanile'a company a few years back. They are basically the same thing as a Kanile'a K1, with a different headstock logo and older bracing (not TRU).

013.jpg

This particular uke is a bit of a fixer-upper. I'll list its issues one by one:

1. There's a 3/4" crack on the midline seam of the soundboard, originating at the soundhole and moving towards the bridge. I don't know the circumstances under which it occurred, but it hasn't progressed since it appeared a year ago and the two edges are not moveable when pressed.

025.jpg

2. Another issue, solely due to my newbie stupidity, is that I filed the nut and saddle. I achieved good action but the filing was uneven, as you can see in the photos below. The nut comes off easily when the strings are removed. It has to be put back in place when new strings are added.

023.jpg

026.jpg

(more to follow)

Last edited:
3. Some of you may remember the thread "My fretboard stinks" that I wrote about this uke. I bought this instrument as a factory second on ebay, and I don't think the fretboard was ever dressed prior to selling. It's always been dry, and when I play there's a metallic smell on the frets that you can smell on your left hand after playing. (Boy, I'm really doing a good job at selling this uke!) I know it's not ideal, but I have to be perfectly honest before I sell this thing.

I don't have a case but I'll pack it well. It's strung with Aquilas and I replaced the plastic bridge pins with StewMac snakewood pins with abalone inlay.

I'm asking $175 shipped conUS. It really does play well, there's just the structural issues to deal with.

Here are some more pictures, and a video sound sample:

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

She's still for sale. :) If anyone needs a case I can include my blue soprano Steady case for an extra $20.

Top Bottom