PDA

View Full Version : William King Koa Soprano <SOLD>

marymac
11-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi UUers,

I'm selling the William King koa soprano I bought last month on FMM. This is in the Nunes style that King uses for all of his sopranos (that I've seen). I find I'm only playing my concert ukes so I'm selling off my sopranos (except the Koaloha!) Here are the details:

All solid curly koa
Ebony binding, bridge, fingerboard, and peghead
Peghead tuners
Satin finish
Ship anywhere
Includes nice Oahu case

Let me know if you have any questions - thanks!
- Mary

marymac
11-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Here are the photos of the back of the soprano and the case.

The_Oddness_of_It_All
11-10-2010, 05:28 AM
How does this compare to your KoAloha and Kamaka?

marymac
11-10-2010, 05:44 AM
Do you mean how they sounds or how they feel in your hands? All three ukes are so different! I think the King sounds closer to the Koaloha than the Kamaka. The Kamaka has a pretty mellow sound while the KoAloha and the King sound more woody and Hawaiian. In spite of it's small size (smaller lower bout than the KoAloha) I think the King is louder.

The_Oddness_of_It_All
11-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Ahh ok. It is a beautiful instrument. I have always wondered about William King's ukuleles. I seem to hear good things about them. If you want to tell me, is there reason why you have decided to sell it after you bought it a month ago?

marymac
11-11-2010, 05:35 AM
In truth I'm still trying out different woods and sizes. Being the person I am, and in the throes of UAS, I bought several ukes in a short period of time to try them out and find what my hands and my ears like best. I'm still in that process in fact! So far I've found that the soprano size is just too small for me to play comfortably - I much prefer the concert size. So I'm selling off my sopranos to get more concerts :-)

The_Oddness_of_It_All
11-11-2010, 05:48 AM
That makes sense. UAS gets to us all. I'm finding that I prefer concert and soprano over tenor and baritone.

marymac
11-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Bump for a price drop!

marymac
11-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Sold - thanks all for the interest!

Hippie Dribble
11-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Sold - thanks all for the interest!

Congrats on the sale too Mary. Someone is going to be over the moon playing such a beautiful instrument!

The_Oddness_of_It_All
11-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Congrats to whoever got this! but....man I kinda wanted it....:)